diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower4 - Why is SoC unbalanced?

nettrust2

Over 7% difference in SoC, isn't the RS485 comms supposed to balance them?

Also, wondering how SoC is derived?

1653048223607.png
(unrelated, AH seems to be reported incorrectly by SA)

2x 24v 200AH EG4 LifePower4

It looks like they are trying to balance 7% out of balance but discharging from higher SOC at 4% more. I would look at top end of charge. If pack 2 stops charging due to a high cell while pack 1 charge’s another 7% the discharge would look just like the picture.
I am sure they don’t actively balance between packs through com cables.

My 2 DIY packs do the same thing in SA.
They close up the closer to full they get and the closer to empty they get.
Each time I am able to charge to full the SOC as reported to SA by my 2 BMS's gets closer. That is, the delta between the packs shrinks over time.

It looks like they are trying to balance 7% out of balance but discharging from higher SOC at 4% more. I would look at top end of charge. If pack 2 stops charging due to a high cell while pack 1 charge’s another 7% the discharge would look just like the picture.
I am sure they don’t actively balance between packs through com cables.

I was hoping the BMS was smart enough to use comm between 2 units to balance by varying charge/discharge on each,
doesn't look like it, unless something isn't working correctly.

This is 24v MPP LV2424 btw, EG4s in parallel.

I’m also having a similar issue on my 4x48V LifePower4s. Actual cell level and pack voltages are all very very close to each other. I feel like this is just a calculation error issue, but wanted to get the communities thoughts on it.74A69CA6-3EA7-4FE3-8E8C-226E1BE2AC91.jpeg

I’m also having a similar issue on my 4x48V LifePower4s. Actual cell level and pack voltages are all very very close to each other. I feel like this is just a calculation error issue, but wanted to get the communities thoughts on it.View attachment 103049
Now that one looking at is…wondering why may draw on each pack isn’t consistent…maybe need to change my battery and busbar connections?

Back