diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL (V2) Integration with Schneider Insight Home

@Markus_SignatureSolar - has SS resolved the BMS communication issues for EG4-LL V2 batteries (mine are 6-pin) when configured in series communication? I've read the firmware notes on these, they seem particular to other monitoring applications.

I had reached out to Peyton who cc'd support, but unfortunately didn't hear back from support. This past Monday I noticed EG4 website posted a Schneider fix for EG4-LL v2 4dip/6dip units and sent follow up email to SS asking to confirm. <edit>SS Tech did confirm the firmware yesterday in email, but I missed it in my inbox</edit>. Last night I followed the pdf instructions and successfully updated unit #1 (UL v2 6dip). I changed ID back to 1, reattached battery comms, reset BMS, and InsightHome appears to be properly monitoring all six batteries. I've ran some tests and InsightHome BMS is reporting the same battery current draw as XW Pro (within ~10W).
This Fixes Schneider Communication Problems with the insight home and the insight Facility> https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-ll-v2-and-schneider-close-loop-communication.62306/

I know this is an older thread, but I recently added an insight device for a client to their existing Schneider system. The client has 6x LifePower4 batteries in a single cabinet. I created the two-wire ethernet cable as instructed in the EG4 video and ran through the steps, but I can only detect 5 of the 6 batteries, with the last battery in the chain being the battery that it cannot see.

So what I see in the Insight is a maximum discharge current of 500amps instead of 600. I have tried changing the chord and changing the addresses and I confirmed it's some sort of 5-battery max. Disconnecting battery 4 and going from 3 -> 5 confirmed the last battery doesn't have any issues and does connect, so I know its jacks, cables, and firmware all work.

All the batteries are on the latest firmware, I used the firmware update tool.

The addresses start at the top, the battery connected to the Insight begins at zero and the last battery is configured a number 5.

Is there a 5-battery max limit when using the LifePower4 batteries with the Insight?

I know this is an older thread, but I recently added an insight device for a client to their existing Schneider system. The client has 6x LifePower4 batteries in a single cabinet. I created the two-wire ethernet cable as instructed in the EG4 video and ran through the steps, but I can only detect 5 of the 6 batteries, with the last battery in the chain being the battery that it cannot see.

So what I see in the Insight is a maximum discharge current of 500amps instead of 600. I have tried changing the chord and changing the addresses and I confirmed it's some sort of 5-battery max. Disconnecting battery 4 and going from 3 -> 5 confirmed the last battery doesn't have any issues and does connect, so I know its jacks, cables, and firmware all work.

All the batteries are on the latest firmware, I used the firmware update tool.

The addresses start at the top, the battery connected to the Insight begins at zero and the last battery is configured a number 5.

Is there a 5-battery max limit when using the LifePower4 batteries with the Insight?
@EG4_Jared could you possibly give me some insight here?

diy solar

diy solar
Back