diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL-v2 slow charging

kelvinfpv

I have 5 new EG4LLv2's connected to a solark 15K with 28 400w panels. The system has only been online a few weeks and its on an off grid property about an hour from my home. We've hade some really cloudy days this week and the propane tank hasnt been delivered for the 14K Champion Generator yet. My batteries were down to 15% so I rigged up a good enough setup to commission the Generator. It only runs about an hour before I have to swap bottles because they are freezing up. My propane guy said that would happen. I called Solark and we went through every setting they could think of and I still can't seem to get the batteries to take more than 18A each. I did manage to get the SOC up in the 80s before I left tonight but it took 2 days of fidling. About 4 hours run time on the Gen. The display on the Soark is showing 5.1Kw ish going into the bank of 5 100Ah batteries even with the load breaker off. Is there some setting inside the BMS limiting the charge? I will head back over tomorrow and try rebooting the whole system. Maybe something went into a fault?
@BenFromSignatureSolar ?

I have 5 new EG4LLv2's connected to a solark 15K with 28 400w panels. The system has only been online a few weeks and its on an off grid property about an hour from my home. We've hade some really cloudy days this week and the propane tank hasnt been delivered for the 14K Champion Generator yet. My batteries were down to 15% so I rigged up a good enough setup to commission the Generator. It only runs about an hour before I have to swap bottles because they are freezing up. My propane guy said that would happen. I called Solark and we went through every setting they could think of and I still can't seem to get the batteries to take more than 18A each. I did manage to get the SOC up in the 80s before I left tonight but it took 2 days of fidling. About 4 hours run time on the Gen. The display on the Soark is showing 5.1Kw ish going into the bank of 5 100Ah batteries even with the load breaker off. Is there some setting inside the BMS limiting the charge? I will head back over tomorrow and try rebooting the whole system. Maybe something went into a fault?
@BenFromSignatureSolar ?
I don't own LL...but I've personally seen the following behavior for Lifepower4

BMS will Throttle charging
- For low or high Temperature.
- When the SOC is high or low
- If any Cell starts balancing or goes above set voltage
- If Alarm or Protection is activated

Are you sure that the inverter sees all batteries?

Can you turn off one battery breaker and see if the Inverter reduces charging rate?

Try to cycle each battery BMS/Breaker.

I don't own LL...but I've personally seen the following behavior for Lifepower4

BMS will Throttle charging
- For low or high Temperature.
- When the SOC is high or low
- If any Cell starts balancing or goes above set voltage
- If Alarm or Protection is activated

Are you sure that the inverter sees all batteries?

Can you turn off one battery breaker and see if the Inverter reduces charging rate?

Try to cycle each battery BMS/Breaker.
Currently, it's running open loop so the inverter only knows I have 500ah. I'll try opening breakers tomorrow and report back. Thanks.

Currently, it's running open loop so the inverter only knows I have 500ah. I'll try opening breakers tomorrow and report back. Thanks.
Open loop. Then it's your inverter restricting the charge.

What is your Bulk charge voltage?

Open loop. Then it's your inverter restricting the charge.

What is your Bulk charge voltage?
Turned off all but one battery (with breakers) it's not the inverter because the one remaining battery still only charges at 15 amp.

I'm having trouble connecting with bms tools. I got it to connect but it cycles on and offline. I was able to get a good enough connection for a photo.

Attachments

• 20231203_114620.jpg
    20231203_114620.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231203_114604.jpg
    20231203_114604.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 2
Turned off all but one battery (with breakers) it's not the inverter because the one remaining battery still only charges at 15 amp.

I'm having trouble connecting with bms tools. I got it to connect but it cycles on and offline. I was able to get a good enough connection for a photo.
Edit. Do you have another charger to try?

Last edited:
Back