diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LLv2 + Cerbo GX

woogerboy21

Hello! So has anyone had any luck with getting the EG4-LLv2 batteries to talk to the Victron Cerbo GX? I have been running a small system for a short bit now that has been powered by the EG4-Lifepower4 using the lynx shunt for calculating battery capacity and includes the Victron GX (working good for the most part) and decided I would purchase a LLv2 with hopes in getting the BMS to communicate with my system to compare the two batteries and tinker with the settings in hopes to get a more percentage of battery capacity remaining details from the BMS but so far I have had no luck. Given I have very little experience with these product can anyone validate my understanding and configuration.

The EG4-LLv2 is connected via the modified ethernet cable purchased from signature solar from the can port of the battery into the bms-can port of the cerbo-gx. I have configured the can communications to use the victron can option and set the batteries bms to battery 1. However the BMS-can status shows error-active regardless of which port I plug the battery into on the cerbo-gx and I never see any device listed on the vrm portal which leads me to believe they are not communicating.

I attempted to reach out to Signature Solar both when I purchased the battery asking for details on how to configure the devices to communicate along with after being unsuccessful when the product arrived and what I believe is the correct communication and I have yet to hear anything back from them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Same issues here :( It looks like one person in the comments of this YT video was successful but other than in this official Signature Solar video and commentor in first link I shared it looks like everyone else trying to accomplish this is having a hard time... Not much fun...

Hello! So has anyone had any luck with getting the EG4-LLv2 batteries to talk to the Victron Cerbo GX? I have been running a small system for a short bit now that has been powered by the EG4-Lifepower4 using the lynx shunt for calculating battery capacity and includes the Victron GX (working good for the most part) and decided I would purchase a LLv2 with hopes in getting the BMS to communicate with my system to compare the two batteries and tinker with the settings in hopes to get a more percentage of battery capacity remaining details from the BMS but so far I have had no luck. Given I have very little experience with these product can anyone validate my understanding and configuration.

The EG4-LLv2 is connected via the modified ethernet cable purchased from signature solar from the can port of the battery into the bms-can port of the cerbo-gx. I have configured the can communications to use the victron can option and set the batteries bms to battery 1. However the BMS-can status shows error-active regardless of which port I plug the battery into on the cerbo-gx and I never see any device listed on the vrm portal which leads me to believe they are not communicating.

I attempted to reach out to Signature Solar both when I purchased the battery asking for details on how to configure the devices to communicate along with after being unsuccessful when the product arrived and what I believe is the correct communication and I have yet to hear anything back from them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I found a solution in another thread! Turns out the labelling of the dip switches is backwards so 1 is 4 and vice versa. Please see here as this worked for me! https://diysolarforum.com/threads/firmware-on-the-new-eg4-ll-v2-batteries.54872/page-2#post-755029

Back