diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PowerPro Battery Firmware

I'm not even sure, now, whether this came with the battery or the inverter.
That’s the RS232 cable. Apparently you only need that for updating the battery heater logic, but I successfully did it on one of my batteries yesterday.

That’s the RS232 cable. Apparently you only need that for updating the battery heater logic, but I successfully did it on one of my batteries yesterday.
Are you saying the cable in the picture above is the RS232 cable? How does one tell which is which? I'd like to know why so that I can learn.

Are you saying the cable in the picture above is the RS232 cable? How does one tell which is which? I'd like to know why so that I can learn.
It physically looks like the RS232 cable that SignatureSolarJess just sent me, and the RS485 cable has a terminal block on the USB portion:

That looks to be the firmware cable for the 6500/6000ex model inverters.
Hmmm. If I purchased a 6000XP, why would the shipment contain a firmware cable for the 6500/6000ex? Is this just a packaging mistake? This seems to be extremely confusing for customers.

So, it looks like I didn't get either the RS232 cable or the RS485 cable with the PowerPro battery.

Hmmm. If I purchased a 6000XP, why would the shipment contain a firmware cable for the 6500/6000ex? Is this just a packaging mistake? This seems to be extremely confusing for customers.

So, it looks like I didn't get either the RS232 cable or the RS485 cable with the PowerPro battery.

It definitely looks like a packaging mistake. I would reach out to your distributor to see if they can send you the correct cables. If they do not have any in stock, feel free to let me know and I will see what I can do.

Reactions: jk5

I'm so sorry! If you'd like to send me a dm with your name and order number, I can get these sent out to you!

diy solar

diy solar
Back