diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PowerPro Battery Firmware

The firmware files are now there!

Is there an order we should flash? RS485 first, then RS232?

I'm still waiting on my RS232 cable...should I just wait until I can flash both or am I OK to proceed w/ flashing the RS485 files recently added?

The firmware files are now there!

Is there an order we should flash? RS485 first, then RS232?

I'm still waiting on my RS232 cable...should I just wait until I can flash both or am I OK to proceed w/ flashing the RS485 files recently added?

The order does not typically matter, however, it will be fine to flash the RS485 firmware and the RS232 at a later date.

What am I doing wrong?The firmware is not on the EG4 site or the Sig Solar site.This is what comes up under "

EG4® 14.3kWh WallMount AW - Firmware (S02T09).zip "updater.JPG

Last edited:
Two sets of files. Two cables required.

I didn't get to it last night and I'm out of town now so I haven't actually flashed yet. I'll report in once I've done it.

Where does it say RS486 firmware? Is there any way to make this more organized? Shouldn't it just be one zip file that contains both the rs232 and rs485 firmware?

Where does it say RS486 firmware? Is there any way to make this more organized? Shouldn't it just be one zip file that contains both the rs232 and rs485 firmware?

I will definitely bring this up to see if we can get this addressed. However, this would be the RS485 firmware.

1708527154861.png

this is so freekin confusing.Why do you make things so hard?There is nothing under

S02T09​

Alright I lied...I had time to flash before I left town!

Followed directions, success on both files first try.

Now they are on S02T17.

One question for the EG4/SS folks... My limit charge went from 100A to 200A when I added the second battery. However, in the app I still only see "battery parallel number: 1"

Is that supposed to read 2?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something!

See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221-112411.png
    Screenshot_20240221-112411.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 7

Now they are on S02T17.

One question for the EG4/SS folks... My limit charge went from 100A to 200A when I added the second battery. However, in the app I still only see "battery parallel number: 1"

See screenshot.
Nevermind! It updated!

But now a new question... Should this be reading 400A now?!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221-115556.png
    Screenshot_20240221-115556.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 11
This would be correct.
Thanks for the response.

Seems like the old firmware was limited to 100A.

New firmware defaults to 200A. 2x200A = 400.

This was my confusion since my firmware was so old.

Glad to be up and running at full capacity now.

I've never heard the fans kick on when charging before. Them electrons can now move faster and the 18kpv ramped up while I was down there staring at it!

Now they are on S02T17.

See screenshot.
So this is what I am not happy about. Why is the file name S02T09 but the actual update is S02T17?

I have requested to get this renamed as soon as possible.
Is it possible that some of these come shipped with the new firmware already flashed? Can I get the firmware version from the display on the battery? The reason why I was asking is because on my solark it has communication and it's allowing 200 amp.

Attachments

• 20240222_121518.jpg
    20240222_121518.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 15
Is it possible that some of these come shipped with the new firmware already flashed? Can I get the firmware version from the display on the battery? The reason why I was asking is because on my solark it has communication and it's allowing 200 amp.

New WallMount batteries do come with the latest firmware installed. The firmware version can be found on the battery screen by pressing the return button.

1708633144740.png

Back