diy solar

diy solar

EG4 read/write cable

The "silence" of Signature Solar is quite AMAZING!
I've emailed them in the past and got radio silence as well, however calling them is an entirely different experience. Going forward, I will be calling first, emailing last.

This is crazy! I've spent $30K and can't get this cable thing worked out. I was sent an RS485 cable and upgraded the RS485 related firmware. I called SS and they are sending me a USB RS232 cable. I asked for the pinout to stay on schedule with my turn-up, but they sent me Pin 1 & 2, which doesn't work...and the documentation shows Pin 4 & 5. I pinned it 4 & 5 and 5 & 4, but it doesn't work either. I'll wait to upgrade the Heater Firmware when I receive the magic cable. Would be nice if they would communicate/deliver this better. Very confusing.

This is crazy! I've spent $30K and can't get this cable thing worked out. I was sent an RS485 cable and upgraded the RS485 related firmware. I called SS and they are sending me a USB RS232 cable. I asked for the pinout to stay on schedule with my turn-up, but they sent me Pin 1 & 2, which doesn't work...and the documentation shows Pin 4 & 5. I pinned it 4 & 5 and 5 & 4, but it doesn't work either. I'll wait to upgrade the Heater Firmware when I receive the magic cable. Would be nice if they would communicate/deliver this better. Very confusing.
Hi! I’m so sorry you’re having trouble! If you’d like to dm me your email address, I will get this escalated to ensure this is taken care of!

Yes! These are included with our units, if anything is missing, please don't hesitate to reach out and we will get that sent out to you without charge!
I'm trying to update BMS on LL-S (V4) batteries since I get SOC discrepancies of 20%.
I have 6 batteries bough over a span of 1 year and there was no USB cable attached to any of them - probably you mean the battery-inverter comm cable.
I tried using a cable that I've got (probably with the inverters) which has the same pins as the comm cable to no avail. It is recognized by the computer. I can't figure out which exact cables I need as I need both RS485 and RS232...

Attachments

• IMG_7623.jpeg
    IMG_7623.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 5
Yes! These are included with our units, if anything is missing, please don't hesitate to reach out and we will get that sent out to you without charge!
The manual lists the batt-PC comm cables that are part of the packaging but I have received none

Attachments

• IMG_1346.jpeg
    IMG_1346.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 4

diy solar

diy solar
Back