diy solar

diy solar

EG4 WallPowerPro and ChargeVerter?

MSB

Has anyone connected these together? The issue is the only connections to the WPP are the Amphenol connectors with the Chargeverter having ring terminals. Have contacted both Signature Solar and EG4 requesting reccomendations. The advise given was to install an external bus. However the problem remains - how to connect the external bus to the WPP Amphenol connector bus. Signature solar sells extra Amphenol connectors and that seems to be the most sanitary approach. Simply add the Aphenols to the CV output leads and done. The two questions about that solution that need answering are -1) are the connectors from SS the appropriate size for the cables coming out of the CV? They do not show specs on their connectors listing. 2) How does one crimp Amphenols?

Thanks for your thoughts
Michael B

If the connectors from SS will connect to the 4 awg wire on the Chargeverter it would be the cleanest option. My solution was to use Polaris tap.
DFAB9D3C-041D-4A1A-BBA5-2AA856B970D7.jpeg

That would be great except there still needs to be ablilty to connect to the Amphenol connectors on the battery

That would be great except there still needs to be ablilty to connect to the Amphenol connectors on the battery
I ordered 2 batteries and will be using extra ones that only have connectors on one end and use the end designed for the inverter. Another option is the connectors from SS come with a male and female end. You could build a mounting point or even buss bar for connection.

7C0EFBAA-E3F8-42AC-9D9A-C58B734E211F.jpeg

The amphenol connectors from EG4 are the some specs as the cable that come with the battery. You will have to use 2/0 cable with the connectors, and I had to first crimp with a 4/0 crimp and then a second 2/0 crimp for them to connect properly.

I have 3 PP batteries and to top balance them I just took the cables that come with the battery and added a 2/0 lug on the other end, use a bolt and nut to secure positive on battery to positive on chargeverter, and same on negative to negative, wrapped them in electrical tape and charged each one separately before I connected them in parallel.

Another option is a PDB (power distribution block) or use an external bus bar and connect the battery to the bus bar, and the charger to the bus bar. (Same for appropriate PDB or as stated before Polaris connector)

Has anyone connected these together? The issue is the only connections to the WPP are the Amphenol connectors with the Chargeverter having ring terminals. Have contacted both Signature Solar and EG4 requesting reccomendations. The advise given was to install an external bus. However the problem remains - how to connect the external bus to the WPP Amphenol connector bus. Signature solar sells extra Amphenol connectors and that seems to be the most sanitary approach. Simply add the Aphenols to the CV output leads and done. The two questions about that solution that need answering are -1) are the connectors from SS the appropriate size for the cables coming out of the CV? They do not show specs on their connectors listing. 2) How does one crimp Amphenols?

Thanks for your thoughts
Michael B
MSB, any solution to this? Any pics of what you did. I’m looking at the same issue, the fittings are not avalble now on SS website.

I’ve got 2 6000xp’s that just arrived and my PP are scheduled to be delivered next week.

diy solar

diy solar
Back