diy solar

diy solar

EG4 weak battery shutdown

nikodon

Morning solar peeps. Hope you are all well. I wanted to reach out and get some insight on why my system is having issues. I’m having problems with it shutting down when the batteries are at a lower SOC (around 25%). I get Line Fail, Battery Weak, Bat Open errors in Watchpower App when it shuts down. At other times, I see a battery derating alarm but it doesn't cause a shut down.

The system is 2 EG4s that are remote and I have Solar Assistant installed. I’m in Florida and it is in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I’m actually flying down now and I'd like to do some overall maintenance on my system. I believe the issue is due to my 6 batteries being out of sync as far as the balance between each battery. I have 6 Lifepower 4s. Two were purchased in June 22 and four purchased in July 22. Would it be recommend to charge each battery to full and then operate in user mode for a week? I've read that that may help open up the BMS and get them in sync. If so could someone provide instructions/settings for properly doing so? I'm a beginner with a fairly large system so all insight is appreciated.

Also, I think it would be helpful if I could view more detailed information on my individual batteries via Solar Assistant. That way I could have a better understanding of what's going on when I encounter problems while I'm away. It's my understanding that I wouldn't be able to operate my batteries in EG4 mode if I did this? Thanks for all your insight guys ??

I believe the issue is due to my 6 batteries being out of sync as far as the balance between each battery.
A simple way to balance them would be to just charge each one individually until they are full and then reconnect them.

If so could someone provide instructions/settings for properly doing so?
Post in thread 'EG4 USE vs BMS Communication Settings'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-use-vs-bms-communication-settings.52856/post-675501

Back