diy solar

diy solar

Electric Motor Boat - cheap electric motor

st1

I am testing a boat electric motor, 336 W, 12 V ( it is a cheap electric motor ) . I am using a 10s4p battery pack Li ion 42 V and a Dc To Dc step down converter (from 42 V to 12 V max. 360 W waterproof )
It seems that the electric outboard motors now offer a viable alternative to combustion motors, making it a great option for many boats including kayaks, dinghies, canoe, inflatables, and sailboats.
This motor has 8 speeds, 5 forward and 3 reverse. Weight : aprox. 9.8 kg Power : 336 W Because the battery recommended by the engine manufacturer (12 V - 80 A ) is very heavy (20 kg ) and large, I used a 10s4p 42 V li-ion battery and a step down dc to td converter 42 V to 12 V ( only 2,3 kg ).

In order for decent autonomy I am using 3 Li ion batteries.

Here is a test with 10s4- liion battery :

Objectives : To install the electric motor on a fiber boat and to test it on a lake - max 5 Km/h speed and try to connect the motor directly to the solar panels output in sunny days max 200 W.

fwave solar panels 92 W X 2. The pannels are connected through a 12 V controller ( from high voltate 410 V Dc to 12 V Dc )

s.t.

Last edited:
I have an 8' blow up boat, purchased in 1992 which has a single speed motor assembly similar to what is in the video. Works good and has lasted a long time. Back then, when it was new, the battery was the biggest pain in the butt of the whole system.

How are those panels going to be mounted? I bet they won't like me leaning on them with a fishing pole.

You now have an audience, please continue. ?

I have an 8' blow up boat, purchased in 1992 which has a single speed motor assembly similar to what is in the video. Works good and has lasted a long time. Back then, when it was new, the battery was the biggest pain in the butt of the whole system.

How are those panels going to be mounted? I bet they won't like me leaning on them with a fishing pole.

You now have an audience, please continue. ?
Hello WYtreasure !

Plan A. :
The solution I see is to install the panels on a roof , I have to create one........ referring to the boat roof :)

Solar panels dimensions
Lenght3511 mm
Width484 mm
Depth1.8 mm

Weight : 3.2 kg

The flexible solar panels needs a DC to DC converter, in my case from 310 V DC to 12 V DC

Plan B . :

I saw some flexible 100 W on the market .....

Dimensions : 1020*540mm​

Weight : 2,9 kg

In both cases ( plan A. or B. ) minimum 2 solar panels are required

in case A. the panels can be rolled if the roof is shorter

Note :

For blow up boots I have a suggestion : If you ask me, I would borrow the technology from electric surfing

Example :

something like.....Fully waterproof Efoil kit electric hydrofoil electric surfboard kit 65162 motor 300A ESC and waterproof remote, it should fly with this kit :) .

Micro mobility is awesome !

s.t.

Attachments

• Plan B.jpg
    Plan B.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Plan A .jpg
    Plan A .jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back