diy solar

diy solar

Emt or rigid conduit for PV on outside of house?

What options exist for a ground mount no more than 50ft away from basement entry where you can’t bury conduit due to incline (30°) and rock on mountain. Can maybe dig 4” here before hitting rock, boulders size of a truck.
You can run conduit exposed. Are you trying to meet code? If its exposed to possible physical damage they will want rigid steel. You might be able to fasten it right to the rock. Id probably just use rigid steel conduit.

You can run conduit exposed. Are you trying to meet code? If its exposed to possible physical damage they will want rigid steel. You might be able to fasten it right to the rock. Id probably just use rigid steel conduit.
Not necessarily code but want to be safe. I think rigid is the best option with water tight connectors to a weather head a few feet off the ground at panels. Depends on which way I run the conduit but I’m sure there are several rock anchor points I can use.

Not necessarily code but want to be safe. I think rigid is the best option with water tight connectors to a weather head a few feet off the ground at panels. Depends on which way I run the conduit but I’m sure there are several rock anchor points I can use.

If you have exposed solid rock, you might be able to chip a flat area and anchor unistrut brackets onto the surface.

diy solar

diy solar
Back