diy solar

diy solar

Engineer775 enphase and extra conduit

BlueMarblePA

Solar Enthusiast
In this video @Engineer775 installs enphase with micro inverters to the home from a ground mount. He says he prefers to use the sol ark 12k for future battery backup. Hence he installs an extra conduit from the ground mount to the home.

My question is why does he need the conduit? For ac coupling using the enphase and the sol ark, couldn't all of that be done at the house? Basically, if AC goes to the combiner box with the envoy at the house, doesn't ac then have to be switched from there to sol ark?

He has connected 32 panels with enphase as AC coupled and 8 direct DC to inverter. There are no exact rules prohibiting sharing the conduit but it seems to be preferred practice to keep them separate.

He has connected 32 panels with enphase as AC coupled and 8 direct DC to inverter. There are no exact rules prohibiting sharing the conduit but it seems to be preferred practice to keep them separate.
Thank you. That makes more sense to me. I am trying to figure out how to also set up all roof panels to enphase and then use third party - Sol Ark - for battery backup rather than the pricey Enphase battery Encharge system

Back