diy solar

diy solar

Enphase grid tie

pabla007

I bought new house 2 years ago. It came with a solar also it is connected to micro-converter to each panel. It produce up to 4 kW. Right now it is tied to grid. I would like to add backup batteries What are the choices do I have.
micro inverter: IQ7+ Qty:13
Gateway: IQ Gateway Qty:1

do I need any approval from city in order to add battery storage to my inverter since it is already installed when I purchased brand new house

Easiest way would be to install the compatible Enphase IQ battery system. Their energy storage products tend to be on the higher end of $$ per kWh. However, the equipment cost would be somewhat off set by lower labor and installation costs.

The alternative is to install a new hybrid battery back up inverter that is UL1741SB compliant and can AC Couple to the existing Enphase grid-tie system.

Either way a building permit would typically be necessary.

First thing would be to determine how big the inverter & battery has to be to handle the proposed loads when the grid is down or for Peak Load Shave during high ToU rates.

Once the above is complete, a price comparison can be done using different brands of equipment.

Back