diy solar

diy solar

Enphase Proactive Equipment Upgrade anyone get a call from Enphase direct.

kendive

Anyone get a call from Enphase they are doing an upgrade / recall on my IQ Controller 2.

Hello,

My name is Sunil with Enphase Energy. I am writing to inform you about an upcoming proactive service and equipment upgrade for the Enphase system controller installed on your home.

At Enphase Energy, we are committed to ensuring the consistent and optimal performance of the Enphase System Controller we have provided. To achieve this, we would like to schedule a maintenance and upgrade session.

I have them coming out next week...

Enphase sure does have good support.

:)

Nice.

If I paid Cadillac prices for something I expect service like this…
I don't think that it was really to much for what I got.

Back when I did the solar it was a 26% tax credit and the solar system was around 18k out of my pocket paid cash. This was after the tax credit.

A couple years later we got the battery system tax credit at 30% paid cash again and it was around 17k. after tax credit and all.

A POS generac genset for whole house would have cost us close to that and no tax credit.

I think it's a wash and we already had the solar to go with the batteries.

Next time I would install myself but really probably not worth it after you have to get a permit and buy all the extra stuff you need and they only charged me 3k to install. The second batt was free. I'm enphase cert so I got a quote from them and did the math. Plus me getting a permit would probably been more red tape and a much slower process than a local solar company doing it. kinda a rough start on the install but they made it right and we have been very happen with the entire system.

I would buy Enphase again for sure...

:)

I did non-Enphase for $2.70/W turnkey and followed by $1.30/W DIY with permits and interconnection agreeement.

DIY wasn’t that bad. Keep in mind you have to waste time micromanaging a cut rate contractor anyway so on net it was the same amount of time.m

The main benefit of Enphase for DIY is that parts are more widely available and there is more forum knowledge. Enphase also has more believable long term product lifecycle support. It’s not worth the extra $0.3/W or whatever, that really adds up. Would be an even bigger price gap if I got bigger panels beyond what Enphase is good for

Last edited:
Back