diy solar

diy solar

Epever firmware update - Tracer AN, Triron, Xtra N

Hi guys

I like to update my tracer but before I want to be sure because if I read the parameter of the device with the solar monitor software the model of my solar charger is not Tracer AN4210 but TriRon4210 so before update I want to be sure why even if my controller is Tracer AN4210 with the software I see TriRon.

How can I proceed the update without problem? I have to use tracer firmware or TriRon firmware?

Thanks

View attachment 173931
Thank you guys ?

Found these links and files a few days ago when I was having issues connecting via RS485 to my EPEVER TracerAN 3210. I tried everything I knew and researched every thing I could find. Switched computers, comm ports etc but never connected. I am not new to interfacing via RS485m to industrial equipment and sometimes this happens and it is very frustrating and time consuming until you identify the one specific item preventing communication. I gave up for the day after I ordered a generic USB to RS485 cable from Amazon. I was using the cable from EPEVER. I could not leave it alone and thought I would try an flash the controller with new firmware (SV200) I found on the interwebs. Figured it would not work since I had no coms. Well what do you know, per the flash upgrade software the flash was successful. Once the controller was rebooted I tried connecting Solar Station software via the RS485 cable and it connected right away. I do have a MT50 interface panel and it had been working even when the PC connection would not.

EPEVER upgrade announcement:
https://www.epever.com/xtra-triron-tracer-an10a-40a-mt50-new-features/

EPEVER instructions for upgrading Tracer-AN:
https://www.epever.com/upload/file/2107/Controller Software Upgrade Steps-EN-TcerAN_SV200.pdf

I cannot link back to the SV200 firmware file again since the site now asks for a password. I will attach it below. Its just shy of 2megs in size. This worked on my Tracer-AN 3210 but use at your own risk. Just follow the instructions in the above pdf. You could always try contacting EPEVER and have them email you the file?

I do have lifePO4 settings now in the Tracer-AN via Solar Station software but the MT50 does not show them as an option, as per the upgrade announcement above. The MT50 firmware cannot be upgraded.

Rezonatefre
Found these links and files a few days ago when I was having issues connecting via RS485 to my EPEVER TracerAN 3210. I tried everything I knew and researched every thing I could find. Switched computers, comm ports etc but never connected. I am not new to interfacing via RS485m to industrial equipment and sometimes this happens and it is very frustrating and time consuming until you identify the one specific item preventing communication. I gave up for the day after I ordered a generic USB to RS485 cable from Amazon. I was using the cable from EPEVER. I could not leave it alone and thought I would try an flash the controller with new firmware (SV200) I found on the interwebs. Figured it would not work since I had no coms. Well what do you know, per the flash upgrade software the flash was successful. Once the controller was rebooted I tried connecting Solar Station software via the RS485 cable and it connected right away. I do have a MT50 interface panel and it had been working even when the PC connection would not.

EPEVER upgrade announcement:
https://www.epever.com/xtra-triron-tracer-an10a-40a-mt50-new-features/

EPEVER instructions for upgrading Tracer-AN:
https://www.epever.com/upload/file/2107/Controller Software Upgrade Steps-EN-TcerAN_SV200.pdf

I cannot link back to the SV200 firmware file again since the site now asks for a password. I will attach it below. Its just shy of 2megs in size. This worked on my Tracer-AN 3210 but use at your own risk. Just follow the instructions in the above pdf. You could always try contacting EPEVER and have them email you the file?

I do have lifePO4 settings now in the Tracer-AN via Solar Station software but the MT50 does not show them as an option, as per the upgrade announcement above. The MT50 firmware cannot be upgraded.

Rezonatefreq
Please Help me...
This firmware work for system 48v?

Hello !My computer is stationary and far from the controller.
Can I make a long cord myself, as shown in the video?

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    736.2 KB · Views: 8
Here some pinout option is not correct.
here is the cable pinout for mt50

and it’s not clear where to connect the ground wire

Attachments

• 1EEF52D3-46C0-4A41-81E6-ECC04F71DE51.png
    1EEF52D3-46C0-4A41-81E6-ECC04F71DE51.png
    534.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 4D00A6EF-641A-4278-A4C3-286B4BB7796F.png