diy solar

diy solar

Epever in parallel configuration

frankz66

Hello everyone , I know that it is possible to configure 2 epever in parallel . In my configuration I have du strings 2s2p and a drop cable that goes to the eepever . If you want to use a single descent that is connected to the 25 amp residual current circuit breaker. I was thinking of putting in parallel the output from the switch that will go to the two epever, connect the second epever to the equipotential bar where there are all the positive cables and the other to the negative cables. Faithfully copy the parameters of the current epever . Is it correct? I should adopt this solution as it is difficult for me to pass another pair of cables and separate the strings.

Thank you, why can't I technically share the same array?

They will constantly interfere with each other varying their load. Your array will output far less than it can if connected to two MPPT.

Example:
#1 pulls a load to find the maximum power point.
#2 pulls a load to find the maximum power point.
#1 sees the power drop due to the load from #2, so #1 pulls less load.
#2 pulls more until it finds the maximum power point.
#1 tries again and pulls a load.
#2 sees the power drop off due to the load from #1, so #2 pulls less load.
#1 pulls more until it finds the maximum power point.
#2 tries again and pulls a load.
#1 sees the power drop off due to the load from #1, so #2 pulls less load.
----This repeats alternating #2 and #1----------
----------------------------------------------------

Get it?

They will constantly interfere with each other varying their load. Your array will output far less than it can if connected to two MPPT.

Example:
#1 pulls a load to find the maximum power point.
#2 pulls a load to find the maximum power point.
#1 sees the power drop due to the load from #2, so #1 pulls less load.
----This repeats alternating #2 and #1----------
----------------------------------------------------

Get it?
Ok thanks as always!
Although this is not the correct post but I wanted to ask on the fly, if a scc supports example 780 w at 12 v is has a maximum voc of 100 v at 25 degrees, if I make a calculation of six 3s2p panels for a total of 1080 watts and the controller supports a maximum of 780 watts at 12 v, I do not understand one thing: I do not

Most of the Epever units will handle 50% over paneling (that’s watts, volts are a hard limit do not exceed max voltage)
So technically I could install them, but aware that I would use 50% of them, even if the total VOC voltage will be 70 volts and 18 amps. Correct? Maybe I could buy them and as soon as I have the opportunity to replace the regulator with an 8415 Epever.

What it will do is give you more power earlier and later in the day and mid day it will clip the excess so you will produce more power longer and on poor pv days you’ll get a bump in production just don’t exceed max voltage!!!

What it will do is give you more power earlier and later in the day and mid day it will clip the excess so you will produce more power longer and on poor pv days you’ll get a bump in production just don’t exceed max voltage!!!
Ok rod, yes I appreciate this benefit to date as I currently have 4 2s2p panels and a 4210AN. Just being very curious to learn my doubt was only the powers declared by epever for the 4210AN . As written before the maximum VOC is 100v so if I put 3s2p I would get to a total of 70v and the eepever is in it .... but the watts would be 180w x 6 is 1080 watts! So my beginner's doubt is if epever tells you that the maximum over pannel is 780 watts and the maximum voc is 100 v, I would end up with the VOC and glia ampere inside the range, but the watts out of range! So ????

This chart shows what happens when you over-panel a MPPT:
1686751417400.png

You will lose the area in red, but as you can see, you get more output in the blue+green area compared to just the blue.

Back