diy solar

diy solar

Epever question regarding "SolarStation" for PC

Dacflyer

I have 1 Epever running for a while, had programmed it with the Solar Station for PC
Now i have a 2nd one I'm ready to commission.
They are both AN6415.
Problem is.. I thought i'd be smart and Export the settings from the 1st one, and "save as.."
Well, I linked up to the 2nd unit, and tried to import the settings, I has having issues, getting it to work, because when i saved , It must have not done right, because i couldn't see the file anywhere. then later i found it in a different file folder, tried to import it, and when i did, the program crashed..
so i tried to restart it, and it will not start. it only partially loads, then nothing. and anything i try to click on only shows Chinese text.
OK, i closed it and it didn't want to close , i had to ctl alt del.. force stop.
i tried to reopen the program,, same thing.. What did i do and how to fix it??
I even deleted the program, then restarted the laptop,,then reinstalled and restarted again... still not working ?
Is there any other program that will work besides "Solar Station" ? I never really liked it no way..always had connection issues anyway,,

Here are a few screen shots.. Something has corrupted this from functioning, i have reinstalled software from Epever site, and i still have issues.. Program won't work.. This is what it does when i start. Age in the end, i must ctl, alt, del to get it to close,, or just hangs otherwise

Attachments

• 20220303_223703.jpg
    20220303_223703.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220303_223633.jpg
    20220303_223633.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220303_223510.jpg
    20220303_223510.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220303_223237.jpg
    20220303_223237.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220303_223915.jpg
    20220303_223915.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 18
UPDATE >>
I'm Kinda Pissed,,maybe someone can help or advise., I cannot connect to my CC, My software messed up on PC, and nothing i do to fix it works..
I did something to mess it up when i tried to import a config file for my 2nd CC, I thought it'd be easy to export from #1CC to #2CC.
I uninstalled the pc software, even removed all info with an uninstaller that cleans the registry etc.. I reinstalled a fresh copy from Epever and started it.. The Problem has remained.. I cannot program the 2nd CC without a PC..
I borrowed a friends lappy, he's got Win8 on it.. I got a working program on it.. and i can add station etc, success.,,, But No data., if i try to read or Start monitoring, All i get is Operation failed....
I need help...

Is there any other program that will work besides "Solar Station" ?

I could never get that to work properly. It's... not exactly quality software ;·)
I mean, even after managing to connect - setting up COM ports with Wine in Linux is quite annoying, but I managed it - I got a User mode, set the parameters, it said OK, then promptly forgot all about it. Even the config file I had saved, disappeared.

I really wanted to set my own charging parameters (my BMS went gaga with the presets anyway) so I got the WiFi box, the phone app is still Chinese, but with some hammer-and-chisel work, I got it to set the parameters I wanted. And it saves a config file in case you power it off and it forgets everything.

Now, since I really dislike pocket computers, especially if I have to type anything in them, I use something called scrcpy, which puts the "phone" on my big screen and lets me use my mouse and keyboard with it.
-

What is the laptop operating system?
You said you 'deleted' it, did you use program manager and uninstall it?
If you've done that delete all the windows folders as well.

If you've done that and you can't get the program to load you may need to clear all entries in your registry for that program. But you would have to figure out what it's called and search through the software keys. This is always risky as you can hose your whole OS.

Was the program downloaded directly from EPEver?

Last resort you could load up teamviewer and give remote access - I'm a network admin for a distribution company and my entire job is configuring servers and workstations.

If you've done that and you can't get the program to load you may need to clear all entries in your registry for that program. But you would have to figure out what it's called and search through the software keys. This is always risky as you can hose your whole OS.

Last resort you could load up teamviewer and give remote access - I'm a network admin for a distribution company and my entire job is configuring servers and workstations.
That information right there would have taken me all day to find and learn. (y)

Hi, I am using win7 home premium, I used a program called REVO Uninstaller..this is supposed to remove any and all folders related to the Epever software, and clean the registry as well.
i restarted afterwards... Downloaded a fresh install from Epever website. installed, then restarted.. then i tried to start the program. I still will not load. It tries to load, but then locks up,,and then i can't close it, unless i use Ctl/Alt/Del.
I do not wish to do teamviewer, I got things on here that shouldn't been seen... classified etc.
I am open to suggestions on things to try.. I do not know what i could have done trying to use the program to import the settings from an exported file from the 1st unit..
As it is now, i cannot connect to either unit

I did try yesterday to borrow a friends laptop. He has win8..
i did get the program to load and i could connect with the unit, but i couldn't make any changes...everytime i tried to do something, It said operation failed.. I tried everything i could, for nearly 2 hrs, I finally gave up in disgust.. This software isn't friendly at all...
My buddy finally had to go home,
Tomorrow when i go to work, I'll see if i can borrow one of the laptops overnight,, they do use win10... will see if that makes a difference..
I'll report back soon,,

I'm thinking about pushing the button on the Epever 6415. I've looked at numerous manuals and yours looks good.
Have you had any other issues?
What kind of batteries are you connected to?
Would you recommend this unit?
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm thinking about pushing the button on the Epever 6415. I've looked at numerous manuals and yours looks good.
Have you had any other issues?
What kind of batteries are you connected to?
Would you recommend this unit?
Thanks
asking me ?
I am happy with the 1 unit that is working..it's been flawless so far, But the software is shit..not friendly to use, and now i can't use the software at all for some reason.. so i can't put my 2nd unit into service yet..
I am using mine in USER mode for my lithium batteries, I am only charging up to 4.1vpc, not 4.2vpc. This is gentler on the cells for long life.
I sent emails to Epever, and they are asking me for a video, but i can't send such a large file to them, My email only allows 20mb to send. and i can't make a youtube video, because china is blocked from viewing youtube videos..So I don't know what else to do..

asking me ?
I am happy with the 1 unit that is working..it's been flawless so far, But the software is shit..not friendly to use, and now i can't use the software at all for some reason.. so i can't put my 2nd unit into service yet..
I am using mine in USER mode for my lithium batteries, I am only charging up to 4.1vpc, not 4.2vpc. This is gentler on the cells for long life.
I sent emails to Epever, and they are asking me for a video, but i can't send such a large file to them, My email only allows 20mb to send. and i can't make a youtube video, because china is blocked from viewing youtube videos..So I don't know what else to do..
Yes Dacflyer, and thanks much for the feedback. What is a Dac? I know what a Cub is.
I'm tired of window shopping and going to get the 6415AN.
I just heard of "wedeliverDOTcom". 2 gig free service, according to Boss Lady.

I have two tracers using the EPEver software, loaded on three different computers, no issues, works fine.
Just contradicting the claims here, should anyone be looking for product feedback and reports.

EDIT: Just looked at OP's images again, and somehow I don't think he has the right program installed. It doesn't look like what I have. Download link here: https://www.epever.com/support/softwares/

The 'solar station monitoring software' version is 1.95 Windows, 11K downloads. It's the first link on the righthand column.
Just now downloaded and installed without issue on my work client, WIN10 machine.

Last edited:
I have two tracers using the EPEver software, loaded on three different computers, no issues, works fine.
Just contradicting the claims here, should anyone be looking for product feedback and reports.

EDIT: Just looked at OP's images again, and somehow I don't think he has the right program installed. It doesn't look like what I have. Download link here: https://www.epever.com/support/softwares/

The 'solar station monitoring software' version is 1.95 Windows, 11K downloads. It's the first link on the righthand column.
Just now downloaded and installed without issue on my work client, WIN10 machine.
Very cool, I'll let you know if it works on Windows XP. I hope to install it on an old machine that will remain with the controller.

Time for a new computer. Best $300 you'll ever spend.
Get a refurb Dell Optiplex from amazon. Win10, 500gb SSD, 16gb ram. I buy them by the dozen, they've been great.

that's the one i downloaded,, for the AN series.. top right corner 1st row

the one i downloaded,,
I’ve had a few issues. Win11? A walmartha Onn close out I bought two years back for $120

But a total cold shutdown and wait then reboot, wait for windows to do its background stuff for five+ minutes (you won’t see this), look at a web browser, then initialize the Epever software has always ‘fixed’ it. I think the OS is holding on to some stuff but if you wander away it will restart. Annoying, but occasionally I have to do that.

OP may be restarting and rebooting too fast and it’s not letting go of a token or stack or something.

The other thing is to open it on the prior CC and get it working- then close that station and initialize a new one and get it functioning. Then use the ‘read’ function and enter the parameters manually.

I did have a frustrating hour switching from my AN40 to the AN50 fwiw

If you use the same com port and station information the app doesn't care what controller you connect to - it will still read it, provide data logging, and let you READ the Parameters/ControlParameterForLithium. It's important to select the one for lifepo4 if that's what you're setting the parameters for. This activates the LFP-specific settings or values in the controller.

If you're communicating with your controller then it will read it. And yes, if you export the file, I don't know where the hell it puts that file as I could not find it either. But the program knows where it is, and you can import or export parameter files at your desire, as many as you want for your various controllers.

I have two parameters, either can be used with either controller. The program doesn't care, neither does the controller. I have a file for 'away' - higher values for daily use, and a 'storage' one with lower values for long term storage. Floating at 13.2 to 13.25 lets any loads drift the SOC charge down to about 70% and maintains it there. Re-boost is at 13.2, so if you go to use appliances, lights, TV inverter, etc. then the controller kicks into boost and brings the pack back up. I have 'storage boost' set for 13.8 for 20 minutes - I just need it to peak back up to 98% or so.

My 'away' program boost is 14.1V for 10 minutes - this gets the cells as high as possible and activates balancing. Float at 13.6V to service loads. The assumption is you're using power throughout the day, solar is charging the pack back up, and servicing the loads.

As mentioned, I had to raise my 'away' values as the controller reads battery voltage with the charging current on top. So the SCC may show 14.1V while the bms or meter might say it's 13.5 yet. I don't want charge voltage too high or I get a cell runner and bms shuts down charging. So a slightly lower voltage - 14.1 instead of 14.4, gets my pack to full 100% before it floats. My cells stay balanced and I take advantage of all my panels can produce till the battery is all the way full.

I have not spent an extended time actually using it - need to do a weekend trip or something. But lots of testing with loads simulating usage, and my various charge methods and values. I had to choose settings for the Orion dc to dc, and the converter/charger when on shorepower or generator. I may still need to make some adjustments once it gets daily use. Surely easy to do.

don't know where the hell it puts that file as I could not find it either
I’m not into this stuff anymore so my skills are…. gone now.
But I think it writes the files into its own folder somewhere.
I recall reading someone mentioning that in an aussie forum where someone hacked the code to overcome an oem early-float bug with an older model. Might’ve been posted here?

But the program knows where it is, and you can import or export parameter files at your desire

No, it doesn't :·)
You try and "import" a configuration, it asks you where to import it from. And even if you manage to locate it - no easy feat - it imports it, says it sets the parameters, the next day it forgets them, your battery overcharges, your BMS goes red in the face LEDs, your neck gets even redder... it's just bad software, is what it is.
The phone app that goes with the WiFi box, isn't much better, but at least it sets the parameters and finds the config files.
Which is useful, because if you power it off (disconnect the battery) for maintenance, it forgets everything. :·/
-

Uh, yes it does. This is ridiculous. You're probly using the wrong version as well.
You may well need to buy something else.

Importing a configuration does not update your controller - it only opens the file in the configuration window.

I think people generally just have a difficult time with software - I see this across the board in all types of applications.

I just did a quick search for some 'how-to' on this, and this blog came up, perhaps it will help:

There was a tutorial on how to update a Tracer charge controller, but I don't know where to find it again. I printed it out and it went in my 'OverKill' manual - a 3-ring binder of over a hundred pages now.

Some of this stuff is complicated. I get that. Saying it doesn't work just because you can't figure it out is silly.

Last edited:
I’m not into this stuff anymore so my skills are…. gone now.
But I think it writes the files into its own folder somewhere.
I recall reading someone mentioning that in an aussie forum where someone hacked the code to overcome an oem early-float bug with an older model. Might’ve been posted here?

Yeah, I might have a 'early-float' bug with my 1206AN - it's the older style. The new style Xtra works great.

And yes, the program writes the exports to a file, but if you navigate to the same folder with MSExplorer they're not there. No biggie, as long as the program knows where it is they're saved.

Besides, once you've poured over these settings for a time you soon learn what you're aiming for, and what they do, and you can easily make adjustments on the fly.

once you've poured over these settings for a time you soon learn what you're aiming for
In trying to cure my AN50 cutting out at high voltage during equalize (or if an inverter load starts - fridge, vacuum cleaner- in full sun) I’ve just gone to taking a screenshot rather than rely on my memory. Just in case I need to know.

In trying to cure my AN50 cutting out at high voltage during equalize (or if an inverter load starts - fridge, vacuum cleaner- in full sun) I’ve just gone to taking a screenshot rather than rely on my memory. Just in case I need to know.
Cool, isn't it? I have dozens of them. My memory isn't what it once was. LOL

What I was really getting at, is the app lets you 'read' the settings on the controller, make adjustments, then 'update' it. Takes just seconds.
It's been kind of fun trying them all out - starting with the Xiaoxiang bms one, then the EPEver, the Junctek meter, and the Victron Orion charger. As you might guess, the nicest one is the Victron. ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, got a Ecoflow Delta Mini - their app is really nice as well. Lots of settings, you can turn everything on and off on the outputs, and set charging watt levels for 12V and 120V in puts. I'm trying to figure out if it will connect with just BT, or if it has to be on an internet connected network - it made me setup both, and when I was away from the home network it wouldn't connect. Should have messed with it some more.

Software can be fussy for sure.

Last edited:
ok,, update >> Frustrated I brought my CC to work so that I can try to program it with a more modern computer ( WIN10 )
I got the software installed, and the USB drivers installed etc..
I have the CC connected to a 12v battery for programming purposes.
Right now the green led is flashing fast and the red led is blinking slow.. I expect this because the CC is expecting 48v
but the video from Epever says this 12v is ok for programming..
I have gotten to a point to where i can be connected and communicate some... i can Add Station, com port 3.
The controller will not read,,, Only thing i can do is Add station, System configuration ( success ), but i cannot Start monitoring, or set any parameters. ( Operation Failed ) I have tried everything i can think of,,, Do i need to actually connect 48v before i can change anything or what else can i try ?

diy solar

diy solar
Back