diy solar

diy solar

Epever up5000, mppt stops in full sun

Especlipse

Coming up to nearly year using my system and its been going well.

The problem I have has been happening from the first day of install, bit I kind of ignored it as I had other things to do. But then yestarday whilst installing another solar array on my house the sun came out and reminded me of the issue.

My epever charges fine in cloud etc, but when the full sun comes out it the mppt voltage display drops to 0, it will then start to climb up and the drop to 0 again. As soon as cloud comes over it rises and works normal. But once direct sun's out it drops to zero. This corresponds with the watts as well, they rise and fall with the voltage. Batteries are not full so it isn't related to SOC as it does this even at 30% SOC, and it will do it during bulk and float.

Equipment is as follows
Hybrid conttoller:
Epever up5000-M10342 v1
Max pv voc 200v
Max pv voc at 25c enviroment temperature 180v
Max pv input power 5000
Max charge current 100a (I used to have this set at 75 but have since changed it to 100 and it still has the same issue)
Battery settings are in USER and I have set them to the typical lithium settings recommend on forums and websites etc.

Solar array:
8 panels, 2 x 4s strings in parallel
JAM60S10-340/MR
Pmax 340w
VOC 41.55v
VMP 34 73v
Max power current 9.79a

Batteries
Lifepo4 cells with daley bms x 3 banks.

I would appreciate any help on this, I have ordered a usb to rs485 cable to see I I xan get the latest firmware on the inverter to see if that helps.

Coming up to nearly year using my system and its been going well.

The problem I have has been happening from the first day of install, bit I kind of ignored it as I had other things to do. But then yestarday whilst installing another solar array on my house the sun came out and reminded me of the issue.

My epever charges fine in cloud etc, but when the full sun comes out it the mppt voltage display drops to 0, it will then start to climb up and the drop to 0 again. As soon as cloud comes over it rises and works normal. But once direct sun's out it drops to zero. This corresponds with the watts as well, they rise and fall with the voltage. Batteries are not full so it isn't related to SOC as it does this even at 30% SOC, and it will do it during bulk and float.

Equipment is as follows
Hybrid conttoller:
Epever up5000-M10342 v1
Max pv voc 200v
Max pv voc at 25c enviroment temperature 180v
Max pv input power 5000
Max charge current 100a (I used to have this set at 75 but have since changed it to 100 and it still has the same issue)
Battery settings are in USER and I have set them to the typical lithium settings recommend on forums and websites etc.

Solar array:
8 panels, 2 x 4s strings in parallel
JAM60S10-340/MR
Pmax 340w
VOC 41.55v
VMP 34 73v
Max power current 9.79a

Batteries
Lifepo4 cells with daley bms x 3 banks.

I would appreciate any help on this, I have ordered a usb to rs485 cable to see I I xan get the latest firmware on the inverter to see if that helps.
Well I tried the software and all I can say is that's pointless. It can't update firmware and has less adjustable parameters than the inverter itself.

Digging around further, I cant help wondering if I maybe slightly over voting the mppt. My panels add up to 166v which is getting close to 180v and maybe when the full sun comes out it shoots higher.

To test this I have bought parrallell connectors and fuses and will try wiring 4 strings with 2 panels in series thus making it just over 90v. What I really need though is some sunshine.

Sp I ja e rewired in parallel with fuses etc so it is now 2 panels per string x 4 strings keeping voltage down below 100 so no chance of overvoltage.

I have sun today and so was able to make video to show the issue I am seeing

Was there a solution to this problem?
I have the same problem, but only when I connect the local electricity provider and solar without battery.
If I set only solar and battery, it works.

Back