diy solar

diy solar

Equivalent replacement?

Dgrblu

I currently have a 48v off grid system with eight 6v cr430ah Crown fla batteries wired in series.

I would like to replace the FLA with AGM/Gel type batteries. So, if I get four 12v 400ah wired in series would be equal to what I currently am using? Could I use 300ah batteries instead? Looking at agm/Gel because of cold winters in SE Oregon not being conducive for Lithium bc of the number of below 32 degrees days and wanting to run heaters for the batteries.

Thanks

I currently have a 48v off grid system with eight 6v cr430ah Crown fla batteries wired in series.

I would like to replace the FLA with AGM/Gel type batteries. So, if I get four 12v 400ah wired in series would be equal to what I currently am using? Could I use 300ah batteries instead? Looking at agm/Gel because of cold winters in SE Oregon not being conducive for Lithium bc of the number of below 32 degrees days and wanting to run heaters for the batteries.

Thanks
Speaking generally:

You currently have 48v x 430 AH for a total of ~21kWh at 100% DOD which results in a regularly usable 10+kWh's and could infrequently take ~15kWh out of them with not that much worry of long term damage.

400AH of AGM/Gel will result in ~19KWH at 100% DOD. Unless you're buying telecom grade sealed batteries you'd better not take more than 50% out of them resulting in a usable kWh so about 9.5 kWh's.

Back