diy solar

diy solar

error 61 in eg4.

Djbodya

who ells has run into this dilemma? AC power is charging the..... eg4 lifepower 48v battery....., the inverter is in standby mode it is working good for 3-5 min, then flashes error 61 for a bout 3 sec. then runs for another 2-3 min and trips the AC braker.
any info on that?

Define serge protector? Is it on AC in or AC out?
I'm plugging the unit into ac wall power to ac input on the inverter, it kicks on in standby mode shows charging the battery communication all good and then just shuts off tripping ac braker..... the AC output is fine

So if I understand correctly you are plugged into grid power through an existing outlet. That circuit may not be of suitable amperage to carry the inverter. You can get into the inverter settings and turn down the charging amps to the battery.
When charging most inverter chargers don’t invert while charging. Grid gets passed through to the loads. So you need a grid circuit of suitable amperage to carry the loads of the inverter and battery charging at the same time. The manual should have that information in it.
My 3 kw growatt I have the charging turned down so I can run some load while charging from my 2500 watt generator.

So if I understand correctly you are plugged into grid power through an existing outlet. That circuit may not be of suitable amperage to carry the inverter. You can get into the inverter settings and turn down the charging amps to the battery.
When charging most inverter chargers don’t invert while charging. Grid gets passed through to the loads. So you need a grid circuit of suitable amperage to carry the loads of the inverter and battery charging at the same time. The manual should have that information in it.
My 3 kw growatt I have the charging turned down so I can run some load while charging from my 2500 watt generator.
Ah the amperage I need to look at it's set ad default I think to 60. I need to snoop that around and set it lower I guess ...good info I will ctrl and check into that.

This was my concern too. It sounds like there is a possibility that there is a loop being created.

This was my concern too. It sounds like there is a possibility that there is a loop being created.
The penal is wired this way a20220918_133100.jpg
Another thing might be the ground neutral bond. This is the main that 6awg is coming from the ac output. Everything works but the input trips the house..

Is the AC input you are feeding into your inverter the only power source you have to be able to power the inverter? Such as, do you have PV or Batteries on the system? It appears you are creating a loop in your system and that is why you are tripping the breaker.

Is the AC input you are feeding into your inverter the only power source you have to be able to power the inverter? Such as, do you have PV or Batteries on the system? It appears you are creating a loop in your system and that is why you are tripping the breaker.
20220918_133429.jpg20220918_133411.jpg
With everything connected here nothing is feeding anything except this stand alone

Back