diy solar

diy solar

error 61 in eg4.

Can you show the display screen?
Has to be later today I direct message you if you want to look at it. The screen is normal I get battery communication and it shows ac input charging battery, in standby then just popps the gfir outlet braker. Someone mentioned amps are to high , inverter wants 30amp. So I will turn that down and see if it works. I haven't set up PV yet, I tried using 2 ecoflow 160w panels but it only has 21voc per panel so that didn't start anything on the unit. I will set up the 445w panels I nave with 49voc each and see what that does. At this point my issue is with ac input so I'll play with that... can changing this setting help?Screenshot_20220927_002117_Drive.jpg

Has to be later today I direct message you if you want to look at it. The screen is normal I get battery communication and it shows ac input charging battery, in standby then just popps the gfir outlet braker. Someone mentioned amps are to high , inverter wants 30amp. So I will turn that down and see if it works. I haven't set up PV yet, I tried using 2 ecoflow 160w panels but it only has 21voc per panel so that didn't start anything on the unit. I will set up the 445w panels I nave with 49voc each and see what that does. At this point my issue is with ac input so I'll play with that... can changing this setting help?

Trying to adjust the inverter settings to make it fit an undersized breaker is not advisable. This application is going to be difficult to support on my end. I do not believe the current way you are using the system is going to be sustainable. However, once you have adequate solar input you should not have any issue. But again, as long as you are running a/c power the way you are, it is going to create numerous issues.

Trying to run one of these AIO without all the inputs wired up is going to cause issues. Yes it can function without AC in. However that is a fault state that tells the unit to go to inverter output (UPS function). It also will function without solar but it is also a fault condition and you get a beep alarm when solar comes and goes. Operating without battery is the same thing.

Before you continue get all your ducks in line.

Trying to run one of these AIO without all the inputs wired up is going to cause issues. Yes it can function without AC in. However that is a fault state that tells the unit to go to inverter output (UPS function). It also will function without solar but it is also a fault condition and you get a beep alarm when solar comes and goes. Operating without battery is the same thing.

Before you continue get all your ducks in line.
I like duck .... haha yeah will set up solar soon will use 6 445w panels in series about 300v input will work no problem

Update for all who are interested.
First of all here is a photo of all the wires
20221001_130256.jpg
Everything is correctly attached secure and torqued to spec. The cables will get cleaned up and made to look nicer. There is no problem with the build everything is working correctly and like it is supposed to. The problem was with my house and the way the electrical was done by a "professional electrician" befor I bought it. (I am having it redone correctly). The fault was with GFI on the wall and somehow on most house resepticals. Knowing this the inverter was shutting down not to fry itself or something ells. Everything I wired up on this pick is 100% correct and works like it should. I can easily plug it directly into a wall and it charges the battery no problem.

Now, on to the next thing....... I will be ordering another battery from signature solar to add to this. I will stack it on top of the one already there. Will it be better to parallel the 2 directly, or should I run 2 separately to a bus bar? Will it make any difference in the way they connect?

Update for all who are interested.
First of all here is a photo of all the wires
View attachment 114583
Everything is correctly attached secure and torqued to spec. The cables will get cleaned up and made to look nicer. There is no problem with the build everything is working correctly and like it is supposed to. The problem was with my house and the way the electrical was done by a "professional electrician" befor I bought it. (I am having it redone correctly). The fault was with GFI on the wall and somehow on most house resepticals. Knowing this the inverter was shutting down not to fry itself or something ells. Everything I wired up on this pick is 100% correct and works like it should. I can easily plug it directly into a wall and it charges the battery no problem.

Now, on to the next thing....... I will be ordering another battery from signature solar to add to this. I will stack it on top of the one already there. Will it be better to parallel the 2 directly, or should I run 2 separately to a bus bar? Will it make any difference in the way they connect?
I would recommend connecting them both to a bus bar when you get the second battery.

Is your problem resolved? Looking at the picture it looks like you don't have the negative cable from the battery to the inverter connected.

Update
. The problem was with my house and the way the electrical was done by a "professional electrician" befor I bought it. (I am having it redone correctly). The fault was with GFI on the wall and somehow on ?
GFCI will trip unless you remove the bonding screw in the inverter. The GFCI will detect current flow on the bonded ground and trip.

The penal is wired this way aView attachment 113760
Another thing might be the ground neutral bond. This is the main that 6awg is coming from the ac output. Everything works but the input trips the house..
Assuming that is a subpanel...it should not have the neutral and ground bonded.
I can think of a few scenarios that you can bond at that panel...but the lack of a main shutoff tells me it's just a standard subpanel.

Last edited:
Back