diy solar

diy solar

Fanless Noisless Quiet inverters

Cool kid

Was looking to get a fanless and Noisless hybrid inverter, Other than Goodwe which they claim is fanless and achieves a high efficiency rate which other alternatives are there in the market.? Was looking at the Huawei inverters they look very compact are small and easily portable although I don't know about their effeciency rate , any insights from members .? What would be your recommendation.

Goodwe is a silent inverter like in SILENT, I do not know of another brand that beats the goodwe's silence

Goodwe is a silent inverter like in SILENT, I do not know of another brand that beats the goodwe's silence
Awww I think this is where we should be heading Goodwe must be quite innovative to come up with a silent inverter am sure that will be giving then a competitive edge against competitors .

Solis 5G HVES ( US Model ) Hybrid is convection cooled, no fans, similar to the GoodWe but has been on the market longer.

Last edited:
The SOLIS Hybrid 5G has an internal fan that turns on when it processes a high load. The fan is then hearable, but not very loud.

The SOLIS RHI 4.6 5G has two fans inside the case to distribute the heat inside the case. Outside is natural cooling... The case has no fan opening

This is how the mainboard of the RHI 4.6 5G looks like. You can clearly see the two fans.

1658236712956.png

That is a different product than I was discussing, your image it is the 48V version which has been out significantly longer than the HV version I have.

Here is an image of the HVES 5G ( US Version ) that I was referring too.

SLioSC9WRSCxSnTCZb3Sj9BFWPN3JOgYfw.png

The SOLIS Hybrid 5G has an internal fan that turns on when it processes a high load. The fan is then hearable, but not very loud.
Looking for something that's completely quiet , I wouldn't be comfortable with anything making any noise even if not too loud any kind of noise to me tends to be disruptive especially during the night when it's too quiet. Any alternatives

fans can generate noise, capacitors and other power components can generate noise from activating/deactivating very quickly. many devices make a compromise where perceivable noise is generated. finding devices that are truly silent perceptually at close distance is rare for lots of high power devices.

good luck with this search!

fanless designs, at least for computer power supplies "PSU" usually have a little bit of a price premium compared to designs including a cooling fan.

most designs that i have encountered have some sort of fan that becomes loud when utilizing the rated power output

There are a lot of sealed inverters that don't have fans (e.g., Outback's FXR2524A), primarily to work in corrosive environments such as coastal regions or a saltwater boat. Mine are sealed and silent with very high efficiency, but they're GT microinverters.

There are a lot of sealed inverters that don't have fans (e.g., Outback's FXR2524A), primarily to work in corrosive environments such as coastal regions or a saltwater boat. Mine are sealed and silent with very high efficiency, but they're GT microinverters.
You mean they don't make any noise would like to learn more about them

Ooh nice let me have a look at it but how about the efficiency rate is it as effecient as the likes of Goodwe which have achieved an efficiency rate of 93% proven and tested data .
It is in the specification, CEC efficiency 97.5%, Goodwe is rated CEC 97.1% they are very similar inverters, Goodwe does have higher backup power models to select from, all The Solis backup is specified 6kw, 7kw surge. The 5kw-10kw models is just for selling to the Grid

If you don't know about CEC, read HERE

Last edited:
You mean they don't make any noise ...would like to learn more about them
Mine are Enphase microinverters and sit on the roof under the panels so even if they did you'd never hear it. Each microinverters handles just a few hundred watts so no AC hum I can detect, no fan, they're completely sealed against the elements. Microinverters have a ton of advantages, but as I said they're grid-tied (GT), so unless you're looking for a GT solution it's probably not a good fit.

It is in the specification, CEC efficiency 97.5%, Goodwe is rated CEC 97.1% they are very similar inverters, Goodwe does have higher backup power models to select from, all The Solis backup is specified 6kw, 7kw surge. The 5kw-10kw models is just for selling to the Grid

Went through the spec and I realized we have intelligent fan cooling method for goodwe and natural convection cooling method for Solis , Now what does this mean? does it mean goodwe Inverter have fans? And what does natural convection mean , would you kindly enlighten me abit about this two technologies.

Back