diy solar

diy solar

Faulty Smart Shunt?

utkvols

My Smartshunt has been working fine for a little over two weeks. I noticed sometime yesterday it began reporting widely varying voltages as seen below. This is on a 24V system and at no point are there voltages over what the lifepo4 cells should see in series. I have confirmed with my multimeter but obviously there would be no cells only smoke if the voltage were 60V... I have disconnected and reconnected all smart shunt wiring to see if the fault is there and does not appear so. The crimps are fine as well. Voltage on each screw terminal on the SS are constant and as expected. I really cannot find more than a hundreth or to variance no matter where i stick my multi electrodes. MP is in float but doesn't really make a difference what mode it is in. My multiplus and BMS both agree with my multimeter reading. Is it warranty time or should I try something else beforehand?

1712878138275.png1712878199286.png

Looks like it has been throwing some odd readings a bit longer. The solid flat reading on the right is when I switched back to use the MP for voltage reading

1712878387185.png

Back