diy solar

diy solar

Feedback regarding Docan Power plastic box for DIY LiFePO4 battery builds

richardw

Has anyone used one of these plastic boxes from Docan Power in a battery build? I am curious to see photos of how things were arranged on the inside. Also, will the battery cells with laser welded terminal studs fit inside them without issue or modification needed?

Docan Power Plastic Box

By the way, I would likely use them to make 12v batteries using EVE 304AH LiFePO4 cells or similar.

Has anyone used one of these plastic boxes from Docan Power in a battery build? I am curious to see photos of how things were arranged on the inside. Also, will the battery cells with laser welded terminal studs fit inside them without issue or modification needed?

Docan Power Plastic Box
I am using the same box, but not purchased from Docan.

I'm using it for my 8s 24v 105Ah battery using EVE cells:
20221016_120954.jpg20221014_132857.jpg20221014_132907.jpg

I think that 280Ah cells will probably fill the full width. Not sure about the length.
You need to think about BMS placement.

One downside to this box is that the lid needs to be glued shut, as it doesn't have any screws.
Other than that it's pretty good and sturdy.

Just for newbies future reference, don't forget that EVE (and also CATL??) recommended cells to be compressed in order to achieve declared longevity (cycles) in their spec sheet

Just for newbies future reference, don't forget that EVE (and also CATL??) recommended cells to be compressed in order to achieve declared longevity (cycles) in their spec sheet
Yeah, that's why I have a thin EVA foam separation between each cell, and used a thicker packaging foam to compress the entire pack in the box.
I think the larger 280Ah cells need more compression.

Last edited:
Back