diy solar

diy solar

Flexible 150W Solar Panel A Grade Monocrystalline 12V

JohnLM

Ok. I am searching for another 150 watt solar panel, and I came up with the one below. The price is not bad, $136 w/out a scc.

However, something odd about it. If you look at the specs (in the photo I show) the math does not add up to the 150 watt they advertise, unless I am doing something wrong. I really like the panel because it is smaller than my previous one and more manageable and I could put it in my windshield safely in my minivan. But, per the match, it appears to be a 120 watt panel.

Does anyone know anything about these panels and can shed some light on this subject, I would be greatful. Thank you.

Attachments

• solarpanel_flexible150w_monocrystaline.png
    solarpanel_flexible150w_monocrystaline.png
    319.9 KB · Views: 4
You are right, the figures do not add up. They have taken the Voc and Isc, multiplied them to get near 150 watts. Obviously this is incorrect, they should use Vmp and Imp, which yields 110 watts.

(and I saw what you did there, 'shed some light on things', its a solar panel of course there is light shed on it ;) ).

If you compare watts vs surface area, at 110 watts it's believable, not saying it will do it just that it's not impossible. At 150 watts it puts the panel into a class above a typical high quality manufacturer, so not believable IMO.

This is what you get buying panels on Wish and eBay. Especially flex panels.
Exaggeration and outright fraud.
Vmp x Imp = 110 watts if you are lucky
32 cells so probably a 100 watt panel.
22% efficiency??? Lol
Compare length x width with known watt panels.
Wish also sells 5000 watt wind turbines that are 500 watts and junk.

Back