diy solar

diy solar

Flipping negative bus bar upside down

Bruxollini

I have 4 EG-4 Lifepower batteries installed on my system, connected to a Schneider inverter. 1awg cable from inverter to the top of the bus bars on the signature solar rack. Then I saw Will Prowse say in his videos that the negative bus should Ben flipped upside down to avoid current sharing/ charging issues. How can I disconnect everything safely in order to remove the bus bar and flip it upside down? Thank you for your help!

I have 4 EG-4 Lifepower batteries installed on my system, connected to a Schneider inverter. 1awg cable from inverter to the top of the bus bars on the signature solar rack. Then I saw Will Prowse say in his videos that the negative bus should Ben flipped upside down to avoid current sharing/ charging issues. How can I disconnect everything safely in order to remove the bus bar and flip it upside down? Thank you for your help!
Is that a picture of your system? The system in the picture is using cables between the batteries, not batteries. Is that an EG4 rack? (It looks like one but the bus bars are not being used.)

If that is an eG4 rack and is your current setup, all you have to do is turn off all the batteries and make the changes.

See wills video for the wiring:

Yes, that is an EG-4 rack from signature solar, and I updated a new picture. The batteries are indeed connected to the bus bars, and according to the video you suggested, I need to flip the bus bar around. I’m just trying to find a way to do it safely. Should I also disable the charger settings on my inverter in addition to turning off all batteries?

Yes, that is an EG-4 rack from signature solar, and I updated a new picture. The batteries are indeed connected to the bus bars, and according to the video you suggested, I need to flip the bus bar around. I’m just trying to find a way to do it safely. Should I also disable the charger settings on my inverter in addition to turning off all batteries?
I would turn everything off!.

1) Turn off PV array (I assume you have a PV disconnect)
2) Turn off the inverter.
3) Turn off any other charge source you may have
4) Turn off battery.

Make the mods

Turn things back on.

1) Turn on Inverter (It will not come on yet)
2) Turn on batteries using the precharge sequence.
3) Turn on the PV
4) Turn on any other charge source you may have.

diy solar

diy solar
Back