diy solar

diy solar

Forum Bingo

The forum is just too busy lately. View attachment 151203

Yeah i remember when you could post a question or comment and it was on the front page for at least 2-3 days ... now you ask a question and its buried on Page 5 within 8 hours ... of course many of the questions being asked have already been answered 20 times earlier including my own .. LOL

We went over 80k users a few weeks ago and already added another 1k since. It's become much more work to moderate as well, hence the support banner Will put up. Definitely not the small community it was a few years ago anymore...

We went over 80k users a few weeks ago and already added another 1k since. It's become much more work to moderate as well, hence the support banner Will put up. Definitely not the small community it was a few years ago anymore...
And it is mostly a good thing.

More distributed knowledge helps more people get into solar.

I love this site.

And it is mostly a good thing.

More distributed knowledge helps more people get into solar.

I love this site.

The issue is that there is TOO much info ... too much data ... the right answer to your question is in there somewhere BUT you have to sift through 100 similiar posts to find it ... and for some of the real new guys -- they're not even to the sifting stages yet ... so thats why it was cool 3 or 4 years ago when you could ask a question and 10 of the smartest ppl would all jump on and literally do the work for you in getting you to where you need to go... NOW you ask a question and you realize that its been asked - and answered - 50 times - but none of it fits what you are trying to ask ... (if any of this rambling makes sense)

The issue is that there is TOO much info ... too much data ... the right answer to your question is in there somewhere BUT you have to sift through 100 similiar posts to find it ... and for some of the real new guys -- they're not even to the sifting stages yet ... so thats why it was cool 3 or 4 years ago when you could ask a question and 10 of the smartest ppl would all jump on and literally do the work for you in getting you to where you need to go... NOW you ask a question and you realize that its been asked - and answered - 50 times - but none of it fits what you are trying to ask ... (if any of this rambling makes sense)
What's cool about this forum though is that I don't see the "did you do a search" response like on most forums. I think people realize how hard it is to find the right asked question, or remember being there at one time, or realize that there is no one size fits all for what people are trying to figure out, or really just like to help.

Back