diy solar

diy solar

Frequency changed

eBay is a good place to buy and sell such equipment.

The IP6048 was sold as having the ability to AC Couple. It has a setting that allows AC Coupling saying the AC Out will be bidirectional.

This inverter does not frequency shift. That is part of the problem.

How do you know it does not frequency shift? If it does AC coupling, we expect frequency shift.

Frequency shift would not occur if no power was backfed. It would increase frequency to request reduced power if more was being backfed than it wanted for charging.

"Enphase IQ8+ x 18"
These did not support AC coupling until a recent firmware update.

Possibly your battery inverter can be adjusted to work at 60 Hz.

But as others are saying, it could be DC coupled PV (separate SCC or into a hybrid) will deliver more watts than an Enphase system if each PV panel is higher wattage than the Enphase inverter.

The sticker on the inverter says Frequency range is 58.5-61.2
Is that enough for the Enphase?
Yes, I have the update stated in another thread. r06-v02.61.01

Hi CRenner. I don’t I know about the other thread. Just looking at this one.

This is meant to be helpful. You seem to be pretty far from from being ready to implement the system. It might be good to stop and soak up some knowledge before you proceed.

Some of the things you’ve said, and some of the things you don’t know are a little startling. You’ve got some of the best of the best here to help you already involved in this thread.

It would be helpful if you would point out what I said, or don't know, that was startling.
I can't learn from the best if I don't know.

The following chart (found at random on the web) suggests 62.0 Hz is necessary to reduce output to zero.
I thought it was lower for Rule 21. SMA Sunny Boy off-grid ramp down from 100% at 61 Hz to 0% at 62 Hz, but for Rule-21 I thought it hit 0% at 61 Hz.

If that is nominal 58.5-61.2 Hz and higher for frequency-watts, then OK.
If Enphase Rule-21 is, or can be set, for 0% at 61 Hz then fine.

You probably have to enable Rule 21 frequency-watts, likely not enabled by default.

1708373144854.png

It would be helpful if you would point out what I said, or don't know, that was startling.
I can't learn from the best if I don't know.

I was startled by the question:

"The micro inverters are 1.21 amps each, so that is 21.78. Would that be a 20 or 30a breaker?"

Sorry, but that's an indication of a fundamental misunderstanding of the application of circuit breakers.

Breakers should be of a value *higher* than the expected maximum load, and all other components (wires, connectors, fixtures, etc.) in that circuit need to *at least* support the breaker's rating, too.

Back