diy solar

diy solar

Fuses / disconnects / breakers for 2 LV6548 system

Building a off grid / grid assist system with 2 LV6548 and a bank of 6 EG4 48v batts
using 48 used 250 watt panels. planning 6s2p for 3000 watts to each of the 4 mppt inputs 12kw total
I have a few questions on fuses etc

1. T fuses between inverters and batteries..should I be using 200 amp or 300 ?

2. I have 4 strings of panels, I need 4 dc breakers at 30 amps, what are a lot of you using for this ?

3. A/C input, the inverter manual seems to call for 4ga wire for AC input and output. how many amps are being fed in ? and how is it divided to serve both LV6548s ? separate breakers and wires to each inverter from the main panel ?? should I install a a/c disconnect for the ac input ?

4. what is a shunt ? and do I want or need one ? Ive seen smart shunt that sends battery info

thanks for any advise
Texican, I too was looking for EG4 battery bank to work with LV6548. I spoke to watts247 who said EG4 not communicate with LV6548, and was recommended Pytes 5.1KW batteries; pretty slick how batteries connect in parallel with snapon cable clips. I also saw Will Prowse using SOK 5.1KW batteries with LV6548. I'm trying to decide which ones to get (Pytes or SOK), but really like EG4.

Texican, I too was looking for EG4 battery bank to work with LV6548. I spoke to watts247 who said EG4 not communicate with LV6548, and was recommended Pytes 5.1KW batteries; pretty slick how batteries connect in parallel with snapon cable clips. I also saw Will Prowse using SOK 5.1KW batteries with LV6548. I'm trying to decide which ones to get (Pytes or SOK), but really like EG4.
I am using solar assistamt for a brain on my system, still having issues with it seeing the eg4 bank, only sees 1 battery right now, solar assistant emailed me and thinks I have wrong batt ID set up so I will be checking that

I have a question on a somewhat related issue, not sure if anyone can offer any guidance.

I’m trying to understand the wiring diagram and circuit breaker requirements from the main breaker to 5 LV6548 inverters AC input, then the 5 inverters AC output to sub panel?

Inverters 1-3 are in 1st phase, inverters 4-5 are in 2nd phase.

Plan is to program LV6548’s to provide power by priority: 1) solar (19.6kW); 2) batteries (41kW); 3) grid.

What I have gathered from other threads, for split phase with two units I would install a 60a 2-pole circuit breaker on main panel and run one hot to 1st phase inverter and one hot to 2nd phase inverter. Then I would run AC output for both inverters to the sub panel to another 60a 2-pole circuit breaker.

Not sure how to configure this for 5 inverters?

Also, intermittently to reduce idle energy consumption and when high demand is not necessary, the plan is to turn off inverters 2-3 of 1st phase and inverter 5 of 2nd phase to run system with 2 units in split phase.

I have not purchased the sub panel yet, the main panel is a Square D Homeline, so any input on sub panel models with 40 spaces or more in the same line would be appreciated so I can recycle all the current circuit breakers by transferring them to the sub panel.

I’ve also considered a “smart” sub panel (i.e. Lumin) for load management. Experience in this area is appreciated as well.

Thanks for any guidance.
You should start your own thread. To avoid confusion.

Back