diy solar

diy solar

Fusing my panels

TJOPT

I have 32 QCell panels and will have 8 in series and have 4 strings. They will go to 2-EG4 6500 EX inverters. My question is to fuse the strings. I will be running 10 AWG wire to the house. The panels are Bifacial and the ISC is 12.11A. Is there a reason why I should or should not fuse the panels in the string? If yes what size fuse? I am thinking 20A.

I have 32 QCell panels and will have 8 in series and have 4 strings. They will go to 2-EG4 6500 EX inverters. My question is to fuse the strings. I will be running 10 AWG wire to the house. The panels are Bifacial and the ISC is 12.11A. Is there a reason why I should or should not fuse the panels in the string? If yes what size fuse? I am thinking 20A.

There is also QCell installation manual which also re-iterates what FilterGuys's document said as well:

Parallel Connection
Modules may be damaged by the occurrence of reverse currents (caused by module defects, ground leaks, or defective insulation). Ensure that the maximum reverse current load capacity indicated
in the data sheet is met.
In order to limit reverse currents that may occur, we recommend using the following safety options:
1) Layout with a limited number of parallel connected strings:
Without undertaking further current blocking measures, a maximum of two module strings may be operated in parallel on a single inverter or MPP tracker.

Back