diy solar

diy solar

Generac 14kw Guardian, what are these wires?

ncampion1

Installing a Generac 14kw Guardian to be backup for my off grid solar home. Having trouble figuring how to auto start the gen using the 2 wire system from my Outback VFX inverter. Also does anyone how what these two wires are for? They are just hanging down from the control board. 20231026_135556.jpgNo help from Generac. Thanks

I don't know about your model of Guardian, but when I was running my 22kw model, I had to order a 2-wire autostart kit, which basically consisted of some wires to plug into the system.

Check with your seller on whether a kit is needed for your model. If they can't help, check with the sales/tech folks at Ziller Electric, or the multitudes of knowledgeable folks at their generac forum:

zillerelectric.com
zillerstore.com/generac-air-cooled-generators-705132

Hope this helps ...

I would contact Generac. I just purchased a Champion that I want to start with a Magnum AGS-N and couldn’t figure it out for the life of me. Magnum has all sorts of wiring diagrams on there site for Generac so check there also. I ended up emailing Champion. they emailed me back instructions how to wire it for two wire start and wire inverter A/C in to the on board battery charger.

Maybe this will help.

Attachments

• 2 wire start instructions.pdf
    337.9 KB · Views: 9
The residential generacs require installing a 2 wire start kit see the instructions in the previous post, for details.

Perfect timing. Was just looking at the Generac PowerPact 7.5k which, according to document above, can do two wire start.

Back