diy solar

diy solar

Generator connection advice 6500EX-48

bones1

How would connect your generator to this panel?. This is Will's panel but I have it as well. Say the inverter are down and you wanted to just flip a different breaker in the panel to power the same loads the inverter was powering?. But not at the same time of course. Wonder if you could use the main 100 a breaker for input, it's doing nothing.
1658439853631.png

You could use the main as a gen input but its a little dangerous without having some kind of interlock between the breakers so only the main OR the inverter breaker can be ON but not both at the same time. If you could rig up a piece of sheet metal on a pivot attached to the dead front that would block the other breaker when one of them is on. The other way would be to just use a standard lock out device on the unused breaker so you or someone else cannot just flip it on without having to go find the key.

I was thinking about a lockout device as well. I suppose I could just install another 60A breaker right above the other one from the inverter and switch them on and off accordingly.

Back