diy solar

diy solar

Genetry solar 6kw inverter review

I think there are supplier issues all over the world these days. Just something we are going to have to deal with for the foreseeable future.
Yes the US postal service is slow like where Sean and you lived . Most Powerjack parts from China are air ship by DHL to me in 7 days by Jack . I know Sean say he can not talk about Jack and why the delay in shipping by Jack in youtube .

It seems they ( Genetry Solar >>> Sean ) aborted all ties with PowerJack as their manufacturing company,,, now>>>> and trying for multiple other suppliers to buy parts from.... after being held up for more than 7 months by PowerJack (worse than the eBay paper mailer scam) and unfortunately had no written contract with them.
and continual design changes would drive any manufacturing company bonkers from the little fish....

so suppliers likely provide parts to their biggest customers first....money talks and BS walks.... IMO

evidently, a lot of the still-to-be-seen touted jet engine gs12 inverter parts will still be made in China....none have shipped to anyone yet....as of February 6th 2023....

but if they can get all the parts... he (Sean Genetry) claims they are planning to assemble some in the USA in his youtube video...I think they can then make a claim assembled in the USA with foreign-made parts.... (still made in China).??

evidently, a lot of the still-to-be-seen touted jet engine gs12 inverter parts will still be made in China....none have shipped to anyone yet....as of February 6th 2023..
The bottom line is I have not seen any load test of the new GS6kw and the new GS12kw yet . Sean show the pretty shell but I like to see the actual GS inverter that will be ship . Steve is doing some testing on the rev c2 board . There is not much to talk about in Sean forum really . Kind of boring ? Nice talking to you .

continual design changes would drive any manufacturing company bonkers from the little fish....
The GS6kw is having design change . Waiting for a different transformer . I think they is going to bulk order to same shippig cost . Not load testing one prototype of the new GS6kw inverter with the new transformer first ?

Sean forum really
I had hopes that the gs forum of being helpful and at times it is helpful as I learn more all the time, but the better forums such as DIY solar (here) have better expert people...
I think one could develop a thread here.... on the LF inverters and get some excellent direction and feedback....sometimes the feedback is harsh but usually helpful.... and at times it is very important that the feedback is harsh,,,,,newbies need the extra push to learn more 1st....
safety first
typing is always a bit difficult to come across correctly without upsetting someone...
vs gs is primarily promoting the sale of yet-to-be-seen or proven reliable products....
essentially all DIY people are trying to save some money but want to do so in the safest way possible....
I would gladly pay a bit more for a safe product and definitely like to DIY as much as I can...
an empty redesigned box and covered up transformer leads does not in all reality show you anything in the video....
ordering a pre-built card board box at the local box factory....the toroid will need to be bolted down securely or it will be a bowling ball...
i already had that occur as the guinea pig to a 160-pound plus inverter first to arrive in the USA years ago....
heavy LFinverters are often put in wooden crates for shipping for a reason...
keep up the good work....
and have a great day ?

More delay of the GS6kw and delay of the GS12kw is a problem . Price of other 12kw inverter are dropping fast and soon almost no one will buy a 3000 dollars 12kw inverter when there are 12kw inverter for 1700 dollars now . I am not talking about a Powerjack inverter for 3000 dollars . A 12kw inverter from a company in Texas for 1700 dollars .

Not load testing one prototype of the new GS6kw inverter with the new transformer first ?
yes, you would think they would do a load test before claiming to purchase a five figure transformer load of unproven design from a new Chinese manufacturing company. after being burned from their previous manufacturing company via the picture but no product delivered scam....

A 12kw inverter from a company in Texas for 1700 dollars .
yes, they are way overpricing their yet-to-be-seen 12k inverter as the market runs circles around their non UL approved jet engine design,,,
one can buy 6k toroid inverters for less than 1k on alibaba that can be parallel for higher capacity also....
send the texas company info>>> that would be interesting to learn more..
I like to see more products from USA companies.....

I already had that occur as the guinea pig to a 160-pound plus inverter first to arrive in the USA years ago.
Jack cancell my order for a ASL11.0 transformer from his Ebay seller and refunded me so Jack is in control of everything . Jack know that ASL11.0 transformer is worth more than 600 dollars . I will probably not show any more repair in Sean forum as Sean say he will get rid of all Powerjack items . I will try to do oil cool transformer here later this year as I am getting the fiberglass container and radiator and pump and fan . I had hopes that the gs forum of being helpful and at times it is helpful as I learn more all the time but the last post in Sean forum to tell the Powerjack owner to junk his Powerjack because the design is flaw is the resaon I will not do repair there . Jack say the new 30000 watt inverter being ship soon will diagnose any error before startup so it is call the foreever inverter . Also it copy the design of the GS 12kw transformer as Powerjack is good at doing and making improvement for free and Sean is taken for a ride . Someone will say this is all NONESENSE but I am running a new design 9000 kw Powerjack inverter 24/7 in the winter now . Only pay 200 dollars for it .

Jack say the new 30000 watt inverter being ship soon will diagnose any error before startup so it is call the foreever inverter . Also it copy the design of the GS 12kw transformer as Powerjack is good at doing and making improvement for free and Sean is taken for a ride .
PowerJack Jack is not sitting idly by doing nothing to improve their product line.....
the constant bashing from gs alludes to why they were likely being taken for a ride.... as both claimed to work for PowerJack so who is stealing whose designs???
a big copycat Chinese manufacturing company paying mere change to their employees will thrive and underprice an American basement garage duo importing pieces and parts....
jack will likely be around for many many years...
wonder if they ever got back all the preorder money they used to do the constant design changes???
profitable manufacturing companies do not work for free....

send the texas company info>>> that would be interesting to learn more..
I will post the information a lot later as Sean may see this . The price of the 12kw inverter may be 1500 dollars like you say a lot eariler in Sean forum and Sean did not like that and say he has to raise price after preorder . I think the bulk order of the GS6k transformer is to save shipping cost as it is 600 dollars to ship just one transformer . A huge risk for not load testing the new 6kw transformer first . Saving 600 dollars may mean a loss of five figure .

wonder if they ever got back all the preorder money they used to do the constant design changes?
I ask that in the forum and you ask that on Youtube many times and Sean say he is in Dispute with the bank . Way in the beginning of the preorder Sean say Jack do not accept his Paypal payment and Sean need to pay for the preorder again and Sean say that cause the first delay of getting parts . Did not hear anything about how Sean pay but I think he pay by bank and now has to fight for the refund . He did say he will get the preoder shipped even if he has to get a 25000 dollars loan or working 2 jobs .

wonder if they ever got back all the preorder money they used to do the constant design changes?
I ask that in the forum and you ask that on Youtube many times and Sean say he is in Dispute with the bank . Way in the beginning of the preorder Sean say Jack do not accept his Paypal payment and Sean need to pay for the preorder again and Sean say that cause the first delay of getting parts . Did not hear anything about how Sean pay but I think he pay by bank and now has to fight for the refund . He did say he will get the preoder shipped even if he has to get a 25000 dollars loan or working 2 jobs .
now they gamble with a new Chinese transformer company with a self-proclaimed proposed 5 figure order from an unproven manufacturing company via the slow boat ride route (hope the ship comes in) ....maybe a bigger loan will be needed.... maybe both of the basement garage duo will need 2 jobs,,,, the season is prime for accountant work now,,,,

25000 would not be many 3000 dollar preorders if they can get people to pay in advance again....hmmm (hope they do not get the Nigeria scam from China)...

I like the high voltage Sandi LF inverter route and think high voltage may still be the future (although more expertise is required for safety) the solar is often sent on high voltage to the charge controllers now and it would require less waste heat to do a high voltage inverter as "Mike G" youtube videos and others show...

GS spends a lot of time making promotional youtube videos,,,, the second job must be very good for him now,,,, because raising goats will not make any money or the cat hair in the basement videos looks professional....(cats do not make money but good for rodent control outside)

I have outdoor cats for rodent control where they have a real purpose....in the USA

and mean dogs at the mountain farm to keep the trespassers at bay....
I see Powerjack making a 60-volt 2-piece forever 30,000-watt LF inverter for about 3 grand including delivery on eBay... jack is busy!

Our post office is only part time with crappy hours. We don't live in or near a big city.
the postage can be calculated at the place of residence and the post office rural carrier will pick up the package from my mailbox,,,, at least that is how I can mail things with the USPS.... I think this is the same almost all over the USA. the small in the town post office is part-time here and open from 830 to 1 pm or so, or the one 13 miles away from me is open a normal 8 to 5 day I believe. the USPS decreased service in the small offices a few years back. FedEx and UPS will pick up at your house in most places I think in the USA...so shipping is a matter of the seller being on top of this detail and getting the job done and not procrastinating, would be my opinion for what it is worth....
I do believe the actual brick-and-mortar customer service of an actual store in the USA usually gives extra attention to customer service, vs online impersonal places too busy to answer their phones....
again a simple scale and all postage can be printed out at his house unless he can not afford a scale and run a printer on his computer...

I ordered 100 copper busbars and insulators but only received 94 thru the Alibaba vendor and even with the guarantee, the Alibaba vendor claimed to sell by weight when I clearly ordered 50 with red insulators and 50 with black insulators>>> all they would do after a lot of hassle to get the heavy items weighed at the UPS office was to finally send back partial refund... but the Alibaba guarantee is still in favor of the Chinese vendor....
hope Sean at GS has better luck with their newer multiple different Chinese vendors....buyer beware
its like a box of cracker jacks >>> "ya never know what your going to get"...
some stuff arrives on time some is late, some is junk some is good quality
better to order locally like Amazon where you have 30-day free return if a problem... pay more and receive more in the end(sometimes)
eBay is about as bad as it gets as far as being an online bot and impossible to talk to a real person anymore if there is a problem....
so again buyer beware >>>> as some say "your mileage may vary"....
have a great day ?

did anyone ever do an efficiency test on them??? I was watching a "kiss analog" youtube video and it had me wondering how to accurately do a efficiency test on an inverter.... how is this done????
if you can run said inverter at 6000 watts output >>>> that tells you nothing about efficiency
how many watts are being pulled from the battery vs how many watts are output into the AC side is what I think would be the efficiency....
but I don't think I have ever seen them show how they measure the efficiency for their claim that the 6000-watt inverter can run 6000 watts continuously.....
if it was 90 percent efficient??? how many watts would be pulled from the battery bank in a 24-hour period???

how many watts are being pulled from the battery vs how many watts are output into the AC side is what I think would be the efficiency.. Just measure the AC output watts divided by input battery watts . Sean ran the GS6kw for one hour at 6000 watts and then continue for 24 hours at lower wattage in youtube a long time ago and never 6000 watts continuous;ly for 24 hours . Sean do not have enough solar or battery to load test the GS12kw in the winter . Should see Kiss Analog work resume on power supply . He work on the Hardware of the power supply but say the firmware is mostly done by other . That why Sid is always tinkering as programming is very difficult . Sid do not have a updated manual as he is always tinkering .

It would seem that if the gs inverter (GS6k) had the ability to work (two of the 6k inverters) together as many other inverter companies do (like Victron for one),,,
The "off grid garage" in Austrailia has some Victron inverters working together in his constant test and change YouTube videos....

then they would have no real reason to have the larger heavy expensive inverter....crammed in the stainless steel hard-to-work in case....just enable the smaller 6k to be gradually increased by working together with the next 6k inverter as the power demand was needed....

but they (the GS basement duo) would likely need to employ a person to write the firmware so it is ready and already installed.... No UL approvals on the horizon so can't be hooked up legally for inspection in many localities in the USA.....

think guerrilla tactics (hide it from the authorities and the big red dot on their backs may not be seen).

I am looking at a larger capacity inverter for the farm off the grid but do not want or need WiFi or the headache of firmware updates that may or may not be compatible...
A simple inverter that just performs without issues, a separate charge controller (not an all-in-one), with no WiFi (that is not needed or wanted....)!

if I push a higher voltage 240 volts AC >>> I can always get 120 volts AC out of it....

I have split phase low-frequency inverters with pure sine wave ( how pure >>> I can not say ) ....

keep it simple is better, IMO

I use 4 different PSW LF SP inverters but on separate somewhat redundant systems....so I always have a backup in my off-grid solar PV system... (not as simple as I would like but it functions for the moment)....

the battery storage (ESS = energy storage system) is the limiting very expensive factor and of course, the large solar array size to be off-grid with whole house systems.
"Mike G" points this out in his youtube videos as does "Curtis Stone" >>>they both have systems with large solar arrays and large battery banks....

It seems like PowerJack did not care for the competition and gave them the shaft without telling them they were pulling the rug out from under them....'as both Sid and Sean (before) claimed they worked for PowerJack.... before they started bashing them so much in their one-sided sales forum... I am thinking "Jack" or his employees were reading the forum's leaders' bashing and the bad vibes....

perhaps the Chinese handshake via the internet "do not compete clause" is being relayed the Chinese PowerJack way.... Only "Jack" would know!
?

Selling in advance without the product being actually produced in the final design or in their possession has given nightmares to others wishing for the big bucks returns....
is it a ponzi scheme???

3000 bucks plus tax in advance of the product being manufactured is their current offer.....for the not one yet shipped gs12k inverter that has been over 2 years of tinkering....

but hey >>> they claim to be an American company that now finally found a machine shop down the road to make the Stainless Steel case in the USA and a cardboard box company to make the cardboard box in the USA... so some is USA sourced ? and their current plan is to assemble more of the Chinese manufactured parts in Sean's Michigan basement.... so assembled in the USA with Chinese sourced pieces and parts....

think Walmart store>>>> most of their stuff is imported from China ,,,,, and they employ a lot of people to sell it in big stores everywhere in the USA... putting the mom and pop stores out of business (can not compete with the China low labor costs)

hope they get their act together ??

"Mike G" points this out in his youtube videos as does "Curtis Stone" >>>they both have systems with large solar arrays and large battery banks.... A new video by Mike G is ( High Voltage Another Sandi Inverter System ) with Ken Clayton . Ken Clayton design and is now selling a complete battery system with Mike G . They use high voltage Sandi inverter . Kiss Analog talk about Class D amplifier and Xantrex which was the original design of the LF inverter using mosfets and is use in the military that Kiss Analog work on for his whole life . I been watching their youtube since you mention it . Sean forum seem to disappear ?

"Mike G" points this out in his youtube videos as does "Curtis Stone" >>>they both have systems with large solar arrays and large battery banks.... A new video by Mike G is ( High Voltage Another Sandi Inverter System ) with Ken Clayton . Ken Clayton design and is now selling a complete battery system with Mike G . They use high voltage Sandi inverter . Kiss Analog talk about Class D amplifier and Xantrex which was the original design of the LF inverter using mosfets and is use in the military that Kiss Analog work on for his whole life . I been watching their youtube since you mention it . Sean forum seem to disappear ?
yes, Sean forum seem to disappear is likely due to all the people wanting answers and pointing out all the different issues...
like where is the product??? amongst others???
just too busy to answer the phone was the repeated sales excuse...

I asked "kiss analog" to do more with inverter reviews, especially the PSW LF as his explanations are a lot clearer than most...I would say he is an expert in experience with many things along with his formal education...applied in many years of real-world practice and designs...

"Mike G" is a good one to follow with ken and the designs in high voltage also....on YouTube videos

I asked "kiss analog" to do more with inverter reviews, especially the PSW LF as his explanations are a lot clearer than most. I think his work is in communication equipment and maybe not the high wattage inverter . The engineer in China use the Class D amplifier of low wattage audio equipment and design the the high wattage LF inverter using the H-bridge . Sandi in China probably is the most advance in LF inverter . The USA now is going to microinverter like Enphase and Solar Edge . IT will be very difficult for Sean to get UL Listed as tinkering is not allow . Sean forum is still not available . The Miller Effect and the Voltage Spike in LF inverter is a lot harder to control than in audio equipment like in KISS Analog youtube . KISS Analog in his Class D amplifier youtube say he is very careful or the magic smoke will come .

yes, they need a real engineer with experience..... vs selling a non-esistent product to the people...
there was some guy selling batteries that never arrived in the past and ended up with a huge headache...
Jack probably removed the cutout in the PowerJack inverters after the basement duo started selling his designs.... who is copy-catting who here?

the Michigan basement duo both claimed to work for PowerJack on YouTube videos and also in the now non-viewable forum.... so maybe the hand shake over the internet did not work out for an agreement not to compete...
anyone other than PowerJack ???

where's the beef???

Many of the posts about Genetry are valid concerns. As an off gridder & owner of 2 of their inverters this is my experience with them. Sean forgets about some of his customers orders, mine of which both were custom mods & had annoying delays sending them. I had an issue with the 1st with my washing machine wouldn't run on it but Sid was lickity split on top of it finding a solution & on the 2nd, it had slow pickup response on changing loads Sid helped making it better & still does to some extent but not serious enough to send it back. So with 1 of the criterias for me is customer service after the sale & they do well. 2nd is parts availability & there, they appear to do well & they're gear is field repairable for those competent to do it & the price is competitive. Since most gear is now Chinese, you'll hardly find another company that provides overall adequate service criterias without the constant back & forth language barrier issues gunking up progress.
Their inverters are bulldogs & so far holding up well so I'll buy their gear if needed it in the future but with the new models I'd hold off awhile to see the feedback as they seem to have bug issues to work out initially.

POST by Michael .... they claim to be an American company that now finally found a machine shop down the road to make the Stainless Steel case in the USA and a cardboard box company to make the cardboard box in the USA... so some is USA sourced ? and their current plan is to assemble more of the Chinese manufactured parts in Sean's Michigan basement.... so assembled in the USA with Chinese sourced pieces and parts....
Youtube indicate the SS case and cardboard and foam box from Michigan cost 10000 dollars . Jack can make the case and shipping box for a lot less in China . Sean in Youtube indicate the ocean shipping by the Michigan company coxt 10000 dollars . WSJ indicate that a huge container ship from China will only charge 1400 dollars per 40 feet container load by Powerjack . Paying the 3 Michigan company around 20000 dollars mean no profit for Genetry Solar . It cost Jack almost nothing to make the SS case and 1400 dollars for ocean shipping and no inport tax . Almost no American company can compete with such special treatment that Powerjack get .

diy solar

diy solar
Back