diy solar

diy solar

Get your cells ASAP

DestroyFX

Price of Lithium per ton in China (2020) : 6500$
Price of Lithium per ton in China now : 22000$

Chart is price of a ton of lithium in CNY (Chinese currency)
1647737847561.png

1647739334109.png

Last edited:
In that same timeframe, a dollar used to be worth 7 yuan, now it’s worth 6…

In that same timeframe, a dollar used to be worth 7 yuan, now it’s worth 6…
Indeed
I expect USD to go down by an order of magnitude in the next 5-10 years as USA is "soft defaulting"

That stuff gonna be very expensive as many country are pushing more and more for EV.
We simply can't mine enough of the stuff.

One of my friends is an exploration geologist, we've been laughing about cheaper EV's for about a year now.
Yes, years ago they kept saying battery prices will go down....I bought my 280ah cells at $85 a piece and now they are over $150 each.....

Panel prices are going up also....the only thing going down is inverters.

I would if I could...
I placed two orders with different Chinese suppliers (for EVE 280ah cells), but both of them rejected because of sky high shipping rates (to the Middle-East) !

I really wanted to get more Lifepo4 cells, even though I don't have a need for them now, because I predicted prices would go up. But currently shipping costs even more than the cells!

I would if I could...
I placed two orders with different Chinese suppliers (for EVE 280ah cells), but both of them rejected because of sky high shipping rates (to the Middle-East) !

I really wanted to get more Lifepo4 cells, even though I don't have a need for them now, because I predicted prices would go up. But currently shipping costs even more than the cells!
Yeah, It's why I got mine from the local market (Used server batteries).
When I tried to order cells from the vendors here, The shipping price was like the same price than the cells.

I also get my panels, new from local market. IUSA brand, 400W, did not increase price since about a year and a half. Have to get a few more soon as I kinda switched full off-grid a little earlier than expected.

Back