diy solar

diy solar

getting used batteries

ray

i am possibly given batteries used to back up a major manufacturer for a long time i have no idea how big the bank will be but i know it will be huge, im guesting a mega-watt of usable power. How much solar would be needed to charge the bank. i was told they are in reasonable shape even with diminished capacity i will get a l whole lot of battery.

Do you mean 1MWh? If so, that's rather a lot. A 15kW PV array with a generous 10 hours a day of full production would take a week of sunny days to bring that to accumulate 1MWh, and that's not allowing for inefficiencies in the process of putting that energy into the battery.

i may get them in nor sure but i suspect about 50 or 60 percent capacity left in them for me to use but worth using

i think maybee agm, all i know now is they was changed recently and they are heavy industrial based to back up a really big plant, may be too much, for me: Be a good video to see Will charge them in a reasonable time frame.

i will break it up if it is that big, the individual batteries are only a few hundred pounds. Something i can charge and use may bee 600 amh at 24v.

Back