diy solar

diy solar

Global Power GPS48200B 200AH 48V Battery Parameter Question

WyoBuckeye

To make a long story short, I have six Global Power GPS48200B 200AH 48V batteries (~60kWh) that were delivered to me as part of a system a vendor delivered, was fully paid for, and never finished the project. I'll spare you the details of that ordeal. I'm trying to get the system finished off on my own using as much as what I can from what was delivered, but I have no information on the batteries. There was no manual when delivered. The batteries are not listed on the vendor's website nor can I find any information online about these. I filled out a form to contact Global Power on their website and they were initially responsive but then the lines went dead. I requested a manual and information about the batteries but still have not received anything. My plan is to uses these open loop with a pair of EG4 18KPV inverters. Does anyone happen to have any information they can share on these? I'll attach pictures of the batteries and the model number sticker. The rest of my equipment should be arriving within the next two weeks so really trying to fill in the blanks ASAP.

Attachments

• Battery front Global Power.jpg
    Battery front Global Power.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Battery Model Number Global Power.jpg
    Battery Model Number Global Power.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 8
To make a long story short, I have six Global Power GPS48200B 200AH 48V batteries (~60kWh) that were delivered to me as part of a system a vendor delivered, was fully paid for, and never finished the project. I'll spare you the details of that ordeal. I'm trying to get the system finished off on my own using as much as what I can from what was delivered, but I have no information on the batteries. There was no manual when delivered. The batteries are not listed on the vendor's website nor can I find any information online about these. I filled out a form to contact Global Power on their website and they were initially responsive but then the lines went dead. I requested a manual and information about the batteries but still have not received anything. My plan is to uses these open loop with a pair of EG4 18KPV inverters. Does anyone happen to have any information they can share on these? I'll attach pictures of the batteries and the model number sticker. The rest of my equipment should be arriving within the next two weeks so really trying to fill in the blanks ASAP.
These use a PACE BMS as far as I know.
You could look up the current connected manual for SOK or Jakiper's website they also use the pacebms

They use pace/seplos such as @houseofancients stated
If you find a thread discussing the use of SOK protocols for inverter comms you might be able to replicate. No guarantee but it may work

I’d be very curious to hear your feedback once operational. They are some of the more affordable batteries

Thank you for the replies.

I haven't used batteries like this before so I'm learning. Regarding the lack of manual, I was hoping it would address configuration of the batteries as far as setting the address switches, how the switches on the front worked, and what sort of communication cables I needed to connect between the batteries.

With my question about more detailed battery parameters, I am partly going off some previous experience with a Solark 5k system with some Renogy batteries open loop. I was able to get it to report SOC pretty accurately, or at least close to what the batteries reported when I talked to them over bluetooth. The Solark had quite a few parameters it asked for:
Charge
Float V: Lower steady voltage at which the battery is maintained after being fully charged.
Absorption V: Constant voltage used to charge the battery.
Discharge
Shutdown: Battery voltage or % at which the inverter will shut down to protect the battery from an over discharge situation (battery symbol on the home screen will turn red).
Low Batt: Low battery voltage or % (battery symbol on the home screen will turn yellow). Stopping point for TOU.
Restart: Battery voltage or % at which AC output will resume conversion DC to AC after reaching “shutdown” voltage.
Batt Resistance: Internal resistance in mOhms of the battery bank. Used in % SOC batt calculations.
Batt Charge Efficiency: Value provided by battery manufacturer. Used in % SOC batt calculations.
Batt Empty V: Sets the empty voltage and associates this voltage to 0% charge. This value determines the lowest % SOC limit.

Thank you for the replies.

I haven't used batteries like this before so I'm learning. Regarding the lack of manual, I was hoping it would address configuration of the batteries as far as setting the address switches, how the switches on the front worked, and what sort of communication cables I needed to connect between the batteries.

With my question about more detailed battery parameters, I am partly going off some previous experience with a Solark 5k system with some Renogy batteries open loop. I was able to get it to report SOC pretty accurately, or at least close to what the batteries reported when I talked to them over bluetooth. The Solark had quite a few parameters it asked for:
Charge
Float V: Lower steady voltage at which the battery is maintained after being fully charged.
Absorption V: Constant voltage used to charge the battery.
Discharge
Shutdown: Battery voltage or % at which the inverter will shut down to protect the battery from an over discharge situation (battery symbol on the home screen will turn red).
Low Batt: Low battery voltage or % (battery symbol on the home screen will turn yellow). Stopping point for TOU.
Restart: Battery voltage or % at which AC output will resume conversion DC to AC after reaching “shutdown” voltage.
Batt Resistance: Internal resistance in mOhms of the battery bank. Used in % SOC batt calculations.
Batt Charge Efficiency: Value provided by battery manufacturer. Used in % SOC batt calculations.
Batt Empty V: Sets the empty voltage and associates this voltage to 0% charge. This value determines the lowest % SOC limit.
again pls review the current connected documentation on the SOK batteries

when using closed loop communication , most of these will be provided to the Sol-ark by the BMS

diy solar

diy solar
Back