diy solar

diy solar

Good deal ?

Kcdaniels

Is this a good deal especially with another 5 percent off ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-092601.png
    Screenshot_20210618-092601.png
    654.6 KB · Views: 15
$800/(12.8*200) = $312/kWh

DIY 560Ah battery is about $140/kWh
hey thanks for the reply ?..
but for those who for what ever reason prefers not to go the DIY Route wound this be considered a deal ?
Could you link to the packs you are talking about for 560ah?

hey thanks for the reply ?..
but for those who for what ever reason prefers not to go the DIY Route wound this be considered a deal ?
Could you link to the packs you are talking about for 560ah?

By definition, I can't link a DIY "pack" that you're not interested in. That's the approximate cost of 8 280Ah cells and a BMS.

You now have a means of calculating $/kWh, so you can compare and decide for yourself.

$300/kwh seems to be the sweet spot right now for off the shelf ready to use batteries. It is way too high in my opinion, but people are paying it, so I don't see the price coming down. Based off my original purchase I have $150/kwh in my head as the fair price for LiFePo. It seems like there is a pretty good agreement amongst the sellers to not cross the $300/kwh line, but sooner or later someone is going to flinch, because that price is artificially high.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you need a battery right now, and you have to have something turn key (not DIY), that battery is in the same price range as all the others similar offerings (not a good deal, not a bad deal).

If you compare to Battle Born ..... a great price.

If you compare to DIY ... not so much ..... But if you don't have the skills or the tools required, a LOT of money can be spent on tools and you may not have any need for some of them again.

$300/kwh seems to be the sweet spot right now for off the shelf ready to use batteries. It is way too high in my opinion, but people are paying it, so I don't see the price coming down. Based off my original purchase I have $150/kwh in my head as the fair price for LiFePo. It seems like there is a pretty good agreement amongst the sellers to not cross the $300/kwh line, but sooner or later someone is going to flinch, because that price is artificially high.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you need a battery right now, and you have to have something turn key (not DIY), that battery is in the same price range as all the others similar offerings (not a good deal, not a bad deal).
the cost of a DIY pack includes the BMS and all necessary parts and equipment to put one together ? I ask because when I've researched this it seems there is more cost than what is normally talked about...

If you compare to Battle Born ..... a great price.

If you compare to DIY ... not so much ..... But if you don't have the skills or the tools required, a LOT of money can be spent on tools and you may not have any need for some of them again.
you posted just before I did...lol....but you brought up what I was thinking..

the cost of a DIY pack includes the BMS and all necessary parts and equipment to put one together ? I ask because when I've researched this it seems there is more cost than what is normally talked about...
DIY packs can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make them. If you get x4 280ah 3.2v cells, bind them together with a couple of ratchet tie down straps and use the included bus bars and an inexpensive BMS, the cost is lower. It certainly will not look as pretty as ready made, but they can be had at a lower price point. And the more you buy, the less the cost is (because the shipping cost hit gets spread out).

I have used BYD packs, got lucky that both still have 3kw capacity and I paid $850 shipped. That is $141/kwh. I have no idea how many cycles I have left, but I do feel they were a good value. I just wish I would have bought 4 instead of 2.

Back