diy solar

diy solar

Wiring Recommendations for 2 racks, 7 batteries, 5 new, 2 old, and a pair of 12K Sol-Ark's in parallel

wharris623

So trying to figure out the best way to cable my new batteries.

I had 2 Jakiper 48V 100 Pro's and a pair of 12K Sol-Ark's. Put the batteries in Parallel and was able to hook each Sol-Ark to a battery since those batteries have 4 terminals on them. No big deal. Well my tax return was good to me and I'm getting 5 more batteries. That being the case I'm a little confused on how to wire. Obviously all the batteries would need to be wired in Parallel, but should I do parallel per rack each rack holds 5 batteries or? Should I do each Sol-Ark battery feed to a bus-bar and then do the bus-bars to the batteries?

Any recommendations or suggestions?

I quickly drew up the attached file, figured it would make it easier if someone wanted to draw out what they thought and could provide useful feedback.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2 x 12K and 7 Jakiper - Wiring.jpg
    2 x 12K and 7 Jakiper - Wiring.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 5
Should I do each Sol-Ark battery feed to a bus-bar and then do the bus-bars to the batteries?
Yes, Use a bus bar like this mounted on the wall between the battery racks and the the inverters.

The above only has 8 studs which is 1 short for 5 batteries and 2 inverters but you could double up 2 of the batteries on one stud. I would feed the inverters from 2 studs in the middle of the bus bar and connect the batteries on the remaining studs.

Yes, Use a bus bar like this mounted on the wall between the battery racks and the the inverters.

The above only has 8 studs which is 1 short for 5 batteries and 2 inverters but you could double up 2 of the batteries on one stud. I would feed the inverters from 2 studs in the middle of the bus bar and connect the batteries on the remaining studs.
Hey BentleyJ,

First off thanks for taking the time to reply.

My thought was eventually I'll probably pick up the other 3 batteries and have 10 total at some point.

So two schools of thought.

Wire the 7 together and hook an inverter on each end which is basically what I did now with my 2 batteries.

Or go bus bar happy with a pair for each rack and then a pair for the inverters to connect to then the main cables from the battery rack bus bars to the inverter bus bars. Please see the two attached drawings.

Thanks in advance!

Wes

Attachments

• 2 x 12K and 7 Jakiper - Wiring - All Wired Together.jpg
    2 x 12K and 7 Jakiper - Wiring - All Wired Together.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2 x 12K and 7 Jakiper - Wiring - Everyone gets a busbar!.jpg
    2 x 12K and 7 Jakiper - Wiring - Everyone gets a busbar!.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3
Or go bus bar happy with a pair for each rack and then a pair for the inverters to connect to then the main cables from the battery rack bus bars to the inverter bus bars. Please see the two attached drawings.
This is probably the best approach. Keeps the resistance low so the batteries contribute equally.

Back