diy solar

diy solar

Greetings from Virginia Beach, Virginia

PeteW

Greetings From Virginia Beach, VA. My wife and are rebuilding and Airstream and want to add a robust 12V solar system including LiFePo4 batteries. I'm not new, new to solar, but I'm not super knowledgeable either. Recently, I've been watching Will's videos and I've read his book. I love that he's started this forum. I'm sure I can get the knowledge and help I'll need here.

Thanks for your welcome and your concern. I've been a general contractor for 30 years and Have worked with 120V and 240V currents and wiring for many years. I very knowledgeable in area, but less experienced in 12V Solar. That said I've been RVing for 15 years and have redone small 12V services and increase battery and Amp hours wiring 6V deep cycle flooded batteries in series, etc. My current RV the 1992, 29' Airstream which I'm rebuilding had two 100 w solar panels and 1000W sine wave inverter and three 75AH deep cycle AGM batteres and an MPPT charge controler when I purchased it in 2012. That said this is fast changing field and I still consider that I have a lot to learn, I believe this forum will help with that.

Back