diy solar

diy solar

Grid arbitrage with a soupçon of energy security

Wow, an EV with V2X sounds cool, I'm still rocking a 2012 Prius V 😂
There’s a mod kit available in the U.S. to turn a Prius into a gas generator with a decent size buffer battery so you can always run it in maximum efficiency power band

Not cheap, though maybe competitive compared to a stationary, weatherproof generator

There’s a mod kit available in the U.S. to turn a Prius into a gas generator with a decent size buffer battery so you can always run it in maximum efficiency power band

Not cheap, though maybe competitive compared to a stationary, weatherproof generator
Wow, thanks for sharing!

I didn't spot it mentioned, so solcast may be of interest - a forecasting site with a free "hobby user" tier access API for PV prediction. There's a Home Assistant integration for it; no clue on Node Red.

Some guy in Scotland did a yootoob on using it to decide when to use an overnight cheap-rate grid for supplementary battery charging; you could complexify those ideas.

Thanks, I've taken a peek at Solcast!

Lol, I'm a Scot who moved to Oz, I think I found Jevjev's part 1, of a series of 1, he has a similar accent to me, I think he's from Edinburgh.

Back