diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 12 kw inverter with Shine wifi app running along with Solar Assistant app running at the same time

hotrod

Here's a little extra information for our Growatt users that I thought some of you may be happy to hear, I have figured out that if you want to see both the shine Wifi app on your phone or computer along with the solar assistant app for your phone or computer, all you have to do is get a Usb extension cable male on one end and female on he other , then plug the male side of the cable into where the shine Wifi dongle would go on the bottom of the inverter the other end of the cable female side, plug in the Wifi dongle and it will power up the dongle then you will be able to see the info on the shine app the raspberry pie uses the printer type port on the bottom of the inverter so if you have it connected to that port you will be able to see both apps from your inverter. I love the solar assistant app but I do like some of the complete running data each day from the shine app. I've had both apps up and running for a couple weeks now with no issues of any kind. Just thought I would share this info for all our Growatt solar folks out there.

Both working side by side

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-21 131713.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-21 131713.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2022-08-21 131915.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-21 131915.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 28
I dare to ask how long it took to get Shine to work. Is it even useful?
If I understand correctly you are forgoing the wifi dongle and the Growatt and connecting directly to the USB?

On the other hand, typical Chinese website - no SSL connection. :(

I dare to ask how long it took to get Shine to work. Is it even useful?
If I understand correctly you are forgoing the wifi dongle and the Growatt and connecting directly to the USB?

On the other hand, typical Chinese website - no SSL connection. :(
On the Growatt if you have the Wifi dongle plugged into the USB port on the bottom of the Growatt inverter, the dongle covers the printer port where the cable plugs into from the raspberry pie with the Solar Assistant software. So I use a USB ext. cable to plug 1 end into the USB port on the bottom of the inverter where the wifi dongle would be plugged into and the other end just plug in the wifi dongle and it works as it should. Just gives you more data.

Back