diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 12k random voltage drops and fault/warning code 61. Anyone else?

few people have been successful using newer OS, I haven't tried with win 7 yet, and failed to connect with win 10.
Download the CP2102N driver from here and install it on your computer: https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

I'm running Windows 10 on one machine and Windows 11 on another and have no problems connecting with the Growatt from either machine. If its not working after installing the driver above then something isn't configured correctly on your computer which you can check for in Device Manager.

Good deal, so you were able to use a win 10 machine and recalibrate the inverter to clear error 61?
100% and I was able to get help direct from Growatt USA. They sent me the software ect. Also the missed steps in the forum. You need to test the batteries at the terminal prior to setting it to the actual current voltage value.

100% and I was able to get help direct from Growatt USA. They sent me the software ect. Also the missed steps in the forum. You need to test the batteries at the terminal prior to setting it to the actual current voltage value.
Hmm, was the software different than that is available on this forum?

OK, I watched the video on the previous page. It is indeed the same calibration tool as what's on the site at watts 247

My question, why did the video on this page /thread say to enter 51.2? I would think you'd enter the true battery voltage or the voltage you had set from your power supply.

I calibrated both my 12kw and my 120amp growatt Scc using the tool to the readings of my battery from my Victron smart Shunt. Every thing is set the same now

I noticed when I used the "calibration" tool the display battery voltage on the Growatt changed, 51.2 makes no sense at all. setting to 51.2 and error 61 came back. I then hooked laptop to the batteries and set the calibration to the current voltage (with solar input off and MPPT not charging) and error 61 was cleared for a week or so but is now again displayed. I am going to try setting calibration to battery voltage with MPPT charging and see what that does.
irritating, but does not seem to affect the operation of the inverter

With the battery connected to the inverter and the inverter turned on and operating, take a good quality voltmeter and read the voltage at the battery input terminals on the inverter. The voltage you read on the voltmeter is the voltage you program into the inverter with the calibration tool.

A few days ago I was setting the calibration of my 12kw and scc so they'd match . I accidentally set and left the 12kw battery voltage at 60. Next morning when sun came up it threw error 61 for the first time. Recalibration fixed it.

So there is a relationship.

I have not been able to get past the Code 10 error for the windows drivers for the connection. I have tried both windows 7 and windows 10 and I get the error using a standard USB A -> B cable. Do I need a different cable?

Back