diy solar

diy solar

Growatt PV Off-grid Inverter (warning code 61)

BlueRockOffGrid

I just installed a Growatt SPF 6000T DVM-MPV. After installing my system and getting it up and running, I started to get alarms for a warning event. Warning code 61: Extern MPPT consistent warning." Does anyone have any experience with fixing this issue? Is there a way to fix it without the use of a computer?

Below is my setup.

6 Silfab 360W NX panels: Silfab SIL-360NX
PowGrow PV Combiner Box
Growatt Off-grid Inverter: SPF 6000T DVM-MPV
2 Batteries: 48V HSKY - LiFePO4 - 103Ah - 5.3kWh

Not sure what the code means.

If you're 6S on the panels, 6 * 45V = 270V, which exceeds the MPPT input voltage limit of 250V.
Ah! Should I reduce it to five panels? 5* 45V = 225V. Or is there a way to limit the extra 20V coming into the inverter? For instance a "step down converter.' I currently have the panels wired in series, two groups of three.

Last edited:
I just installed a Growatt SPF 6000T DVM-MPV. After installing my system and getting it up and running, I started to get alarms for a warning event. Warning code 61: Extern MPPT consistent warning." Does anyone have any experience with fixing this issue? Is there a way to fix it without the use of a computer?

Below is my setup.

6 Silfab 360W NX panels: Silfab SIL-360NX
PowGrow PV Combiner Box
Growatt Off-grid Inverter: SPF 6000T DVM-MPV
2 Batteries: 48V HSKY - LiFePO4 - 103Ah - 5.3kWh
Exact same issue as of today, right out of the box.

Did you come across any fix yet? Mine is the same story. Right out of the box and was working like a champ until I started getting the warnings a few hours later.
I’ve done research. The forums say my SLA batteries are out of voltage. I’ve tried the software but the driver doesn’t work properly. Im frustrated. Im working with a Growatt tech from Mexico but he doesn’t message often.

I’ve done research. The forums say my SLA batteries are out of voltage. I’ve tried the software but the driver doesn’t work properly. Im frustrated. Im working with a Growatt tech from Mexico but he doesn’t message often.
How has your research been going? I'm going to try the software tomorrow and see if I can solve the issue. The software loads on my laptop. We will see if it can communicate with the inverter.

How has your research been going? I'm going to try the software tomorrow and see if I can solve the issue. The software loads on my laptop. We will see if it can communicate with the inverter.
Test the battery level using a voltmeter live at the terminal on the bottom of the Growatt. Then set to the current reading. I did mine a few times until it was perfect not even off by 1. I also did mine in the on position. The charging will bounce the voltage until it normalizes. Everything is working great since.

Test the battery level using a voltmeter live at the terminal on the bottom of the Growatt. Then set to the current reading. I did mine a few times until it was perfect not even off by 1. I also did mine in the on position. The charging will bounce the voltage until it normalizes. Everything is working great since.
We’re you able to get the software tool to work with windows 10? Or did you use another way to set the voltage?

Here is Fault 62. Not the same, but maybe Ian knows what is causing fault 61

Hey, i tried this for my warning 61 error and so far so good, as soon as i hit the set voltage button, the fault disappeared, its looking good, even charging the battery. Its been 5 minutes, so ill let it be to see if its continues. Im happy either way, just wanted to advance, i was stuck with this... so thanks, i appreciate it guys!!

Back