diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 230v single phase???

Greybeard

Does growatt make a 230v single phase unit? I've not seen one from any of the sellers.
Do they have a direct website with all the products?

If you are after 230V 50Hz, yes. There's buckets of grid tied Growatts in use in Australia. What's the specifics of what you are after / your application?

I guess I'm just not seeing them in the usa then. It's going to be sent to my house in the Philippines so yes230 50hz
I'm still on the fence if I want 24v or 48v as I'm still confused on which BMS's is best to use.
I'm leaning tword 24 two seperate 8s packs of lifepo4. I'd like 5k, or dual 3k....but 2 100amp bms don't quite get me there

24V vs 48V is really going to come down to your expected peak draw. 5kW at 24V is over 210A from the battery. That can be done but the wiring, fuses and everything else starts to get pretty hefty.

For my money's worth if I was going to DIY a battery and needed 48V I'd build a 48V battery. You can series connect lithium batteries but since there is no over-arching control / monitoring system you will eventually run into imbalance between the batteries that will top and tail your capacity. It can be restored by doing periodic separate charging of the 24V batteries but that might be a PITA too far. Quality manufacturers highlight the requirement for periodic separate charging to bring both batteries to the same SOC.

With a 48V battery all the cells are under the control and management of a single BMS and will be kept balanced so there is no need to do this periodic separate charging.

As long as I can pull the power with 1/0 I'm good. I'm sitting on a 100ft cord of this 1/0 4 conductor cord off my mobile pet/ct scanner I took home last time I changed out the cord?

My reason for wanting to stick with 24v was for redundancy. I can't afford another 16 cells to make an extra 48v battery tight now. If anything were to happen to a bms or whatever on 24v I could rearaing things to keep running untill I can get parts shipped to the philippines

Back