diy solar

diy solar

SOLVED: RUNNING GROWATT HYBRID inverters WITHOUT BATTERY (at least single phase SPH series)

WOLF-GANG

If you have one of these single phase sph growatt (most likely all growatt hybrid inverters will work that way) then you might need the answer how to run it without a battery.

Connect the 2 battery terminals with a piece of copper wire cause that it the signal the inverter needs to run in grid tie mode

Nothing else, no change in the setup or whatever. Just connect the 2 bat terminals and the production will start if your inverter is connected to the grid and to your solar array. Above the solar power array you see system status which is in on-grid mode.
For more details hover of the "i" behind "mode"

1710765713927.png

Load consumption looks a bit weird in the orange hoem cause 4,1 kWh total load consumption will ask what has happened to the rest of the 7,2 kWh produced as PV Output above ?
3,1 kWh are missing, does it mean the inverter has used 3,1 kWh for its running ?

I hope to find that out soon but at the end it is running now - 21 months after the first SPH purchase, and next weekend the battery will arrive - so the soultion will not pay of in those few days cause I spend rather a week than just a fews days to find that out in all these months.

Back