diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 24V paring issues

n5eea

I have had 1 Growatt 300W 24V units for about 2 years now. Used with 12 batteries, 6VDC wired as 24VDC. 6 panels 300W ea (2 strings of 3) into a combiner then to Growatt unit. Had no issues so far.

I want to double the wattage on it so I purchased a 2nd unit, same model.
I have recently added 8 of 10 new panels. 315W each as 2 seperate strings of 4 into a second combiner then into the 2nd Growatt unit. Was hoping to set up as 4 strings of 4 panels into the units.
Been a PITA getting set up. I want the inverters to run as a pair for 6K watts (2x300W) at 120VAC.
I was told I have to update the firmware on both before I can do this. Downloaded the firmware and cant get the app to run. The was told I need to run it with Windows 7 OS (not Win 10 or 11) HUH??? Who has that anymore. USB A-B cable has to have a certain driver. Tried running the app on my Win10 laptop in Win7 mode. Failed to respond. Trying to locate a spare laptop to install Windows 7 on.
Documentation sucks.
I have a wifi unit on each Growatt. Data seems to be intermittant to the APP and Web page.
Was getting a message of error Fault Alarm 5006 Solar stop due to high PV on the 2nd Growatt.
Disconnected 1 panel on each string now to 2x3. The error stopped.
I don't know if I have a bad wifi unit, incorrectly programmed wifi unit (but it works then doesn't) or an issue with the 2nd Growatt 3K unit.

Back