diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 24v?

nailer

Just been thinking of upgrading to a Growatt 3000 24v.
You folks that have one. What size breaker or fuse do you have inline from the battery to the Growatt ?
Hope I didn't ask a question the has been asked. I did a search didn't find anything.
Thanks

What size breaker or fuse do you have inline from the battery to the Growatt ?
How many amps are possible and how long is the wire (for wire gauge)?

If it can pull 3000W at 24V from battery:

3000W / 20V inverter cutoff (?) / .85 efficiency = 176A

200A breaker a little small. 250A better.

What is everyone's thoughts on the Growatt 3000 24v?
I have a Epever 40a charge controller, Giandel 3000w 24v inverter and 2- 24v 200ah Power Queen batteries.
I have had the system for a bit learning about it. Just moved it to our small cabin. (16'x40). We have a small refrigerator, microwave, air fryer/ toaster, and a couple tv's lights and fans.
Why I have been looking at the Growatt 3000 24v. If I was to get one. After I learn a bit about it is to parallel 2 so I can get 220v. Then later a mini split next summer.
If there is a better 24v system to be looking at please let me know.
I know you guys here have a vast range of experience and knowledge.
Thanks again

We have a small refrigerator, microwave, air fryer/ toaster, and a couple tv's lights and fans.
How many watt hours a day does this amount to?

2- 24v 200ah Power Queen batteries.
2x 200Ah x 24V = 9600Wh x .50 usable = 4800Wh storage

4800Wh / 5h quality solar summer? = 960W solar (1500W in the real world)
4800Wh / 2h quality solar summer? = 2400W solar (3000-4000W in the real world)

Then later a mini split next summer.
I'd strongly consider 48V system. Adding to an existing bank is problematic though so "should" have all new batteries.

What will your daily Wh usage be and what is the max load? My gut feel is that 3000W/24V might be okay for your current needs but woefully small if you add a split mini.

Are you just cooling with the mini split? And what size 9k 12k?

I have one up at my camp that I recently installed. For my power draw it's almost double what I need which is nice to have that extra headroom. On the downside getting parts for a 24v battery is difficult, and the standby draw is higher than advertised at about 60w.

Having to dig into the guts to pull the 2 bonding screws was a minimal pain but needed to be done.

Other than that it works as expected. I have a 150a disconnect to the inverter, a 160a breaker built into the battery.

My current needs everything worked well this past summer. While we were building the cabin. Most of that time we even ran a small window a/c.
I may have to reconfigure my current system. I can't afford new 48v batteries right now.
I need to add a charger for the slow solar times.
That is why I was thinking something like the Growatt might work.
Thanks again for your replies!

I have two Growatt inverter and I deeply regret my purchases. Both of them stopped charging from solar in the past 4 months. They show the 000 000 00 in the second menu. Growatt sent me firmware upgrade but can't upgrade any of them. The software freezes every time. I am totally off the grid and now the MPPT doesn't work at all on both of them. I am thinking to get Victron units now. If anyone had this issue with their growatt give me a sign on how you solved the problem.

Back