diy solar

diy solar

GROWATT AXE C-1 battery.

AIO = All In One (Inverter, solar charger, AC charger, and transfer switch)
Float is a term used for lead acid batteries.
Absorption is actually what LFP batteries benefit from.
Float and Absorption are the same process.
Holding a constant voltage, so the battery will take the last bit of full charge. Also gives the BMS time to balance the cells in the knee.

Sorry
12 hour work day, today. And yes, it's Saturday. lol
If you set the Growatt to LI battery. It requires communication with the BMS. It has preset charging parameters. But, also takes its que from the BMS.
I also agree that the preset charging voltages are too high for the health of the cells. This is why I no longer use communications. I choose my own settings in "USER". I have played around with it for a while now, and settled on 57v bulk and 56v float/absorption.
This seems to get full capacity and not be too aggressive.
I don't get to full charge every day. If you do, you might want to go with slightly lower settings.

Edit: corrected
I mistakenly typed "USE2" instead of "USER"
Corrected post.
Sorry,
I was very tired.

AIO = All In One (Inverter, solar charger, AC charger, and transfer switch)
Float is a term used for lead acid batteries.
Absorption is actually what LFP batteries benefit from.
Float and Absorption are the same process.
Holding a constant voltage, so the battery will take the last bit of full charge. Also gives the BMS time to balance the cells in the knee.
Thanks Buddy. Makes more sense

What’s the knees?

If you look at the discharge curve you will see the very sharp turns in the voltage curve that look like a bent knee.

There is very little energy to be had above or below those bends.

Most folks try to stay in between them only using approximately the 10% - 90% part of the curve.

It is generally accepted that this will extend the life of your battery.

If you look at the discharge curve you will see the very sharp turns in the voltage curve that look like a bent knee.

There is very little energy to be had above or below those bends.

Most folks try to stay in between them only using approximately the 10% - 90% part of the curve.

It is generally accepted that this will extend the life of your battery.
Okay Thankyou! I’m learning so
Much. I appreciate you!!!!
If calibration is needed which it seems my battery needed would it stay in this float voltage period for a long time?
I set the charge cut off to %100 to deep cycle the battery.
Low voltage cutoff is %30
I was told to do this for 7 days by sig solar

Back