diy solar

diy solar

Growatt display doesn't show solar icon

rob.venable

I have a Growatt 6K inverter and an SOK 48v battery set up. A also have 2 455w panels wired up to the inverter and when I turn it on, the solar icon doesn't show up on the Growatt display. The wiring seems secure and I get the correct voltage when connecting my voltmeter to the panels. Anyone know why the solar icon doesn't show up and why my battery cannot charge with solar?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20231028_162606.jpg
    20231028_162606.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231028_162622.jpg
    20231028_162622.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 3
With just 2 panels you may not be producing enough voltage to start the mppt charger, especially if your panels are wired in parallel. You can check the voltage on PV input with a meter, and see if it's above the MPPT voltage range our inverter.

With just 2 panels you may not be producing enough voltage to start the mppt charger, especially if your panels are wired in parallel. You can check the voltage on PV input with a meter, and see if it's above the MPPT voltage range our inverter.
Ahhh...I didn't think of that. It is wired in parallel and I'm getting 48 volts. I'll check on the requirement. Thanks.

So I wired them in series and I'm getting 93v from my panels but they still don't show up on my display and they're not charging my battery. I think all of my settings are correct. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Back