diy solar

diy solar

Growatt ES 3000 Solar Charging Problem

Zephyr

I have read through some of the problems with the Growatt 3000 ES charging algorithm problems. Here is my scenario. I have about 1400 watts of solar at 185V. I have 16 EVE 280 AH hour DUMB batteries hooked to a 100 AMP JBD BMS. The batteries will charge to full. The next morning batteries might be at 70% according to my Victron Shunt. The growatt inverter thinks they are 100% or 75% charged. During the day it seems to match the load/solar and never really get the batteries charging. I only use it in SOL only mode and have two freezers plugged into it which use about 130 watts running. I have tried USE mode USE2 mode. I have experimented with off grid garage recommended setting of cv 3.45/ flt 3.35. I have experimented with cv 3.45/ flt 3.4. I have experimented with cv 3.35/ flt 3.35. I have not experimented with voltages above cv 3.5 / flt 3.5 not really wanting to keep them at high voltages for my application. It seems like sometimes if I turn off/on the solar and turn off/on the inverter it ramps up to 1000 watts versus the 130 watts that was matching the load. Any suggestion's would be appreciated. Dropped over $2K in the batteries.

If I remember correctly, this was corrected by a firmware update. Maybe someone else can verify that. And provide more information.

If I remember correctly, this was corrected by a firmware update. Maybe someone else can verify that. And provide more information.
Thank you for the reply. It has the most recent firmware. Been trying to do some research and fiddle with the settings. No luck.

Back